Pure Petals

Hinata stood up shakily and leaned on the wall of a cubicle. He wiped the blood off his mouth staining his sleeve. White petals sat in the toilet water. He let out a slight cough and sighed. He flushed the toilet and unlocked the cubicle door.

     He shut the water from the sink off and went to get paper towels. The door to the bathroom opened and Suga stepped in. "Are you alright? You haven't shown up to practice." Hinata nodded and walked out of the bathroom.

     Suga followed after him. "Are you sure? You could go home if you'd like." Hinata felt petals rise in his throat and swallowed to try and keep them down. "There's no need! I'm sorry if I worried you," He bowed and they continued walking to the gym.

     Suga held the door for Hinata and walked in after him. Hinata ran over to Kageyama and started to nag him about volleyball. Suga sighed and watched him from across the court. He's been acting strange lately. The two have barely interacted and if they have, it was always short.

-

     "C'mon, Boke. Let's go practice," Kageyama insisted since they usually practice longer. "Sorry Kageyama, but I think I'm going to head home." Hinata stepped out of the gym and sighed. Petals were aching to escape his lungs, so he left for the bathroom.

     He locked himself in one of the cubicles. The flowers rose in his throat and he coughed violently. White petals with drops of red on them fell onto the floor. He didn't have a chance to move towards the toilet as the petals kept rising.

     It was ten minutes before they finally stopped and he was sitting on the floor with a dead look in his eyes. He pushed himself up and began picking up the petals. He put them in the toilet bowl and flushed it. He unlocked the cubicle and got wet paper towels to clean up the blood.

     When he finished, he sighed tiredly. It was getting late and he didn't want to go home. It's not like he had anyone to go home to anyway. His dad was in prison for drug trafficking and his mom and sister died from a shooting when they were out shopping.

     He leaned against the wall in the bathroom until a thought flashed through his head. Just end it all and jump off the roof. He stood straight and considered it for a little bit. There wasn't much of a reason to live. All he had was the volleyball team, but they wouldn't miss him that much would they?

      He trudged out of the bathroom and walked up to the roof catching the attention of the third-year setter who stayed after practice to help some of the teachers who had to stay late. Hinata was in too much of a daze from coughing up a lot more petals than usual to even notice Suga.

     He pushed the doors to the roof open and breathed in the fresh night air. He coughed a little bit and another flower came out. His crush on Suga was getting bigger and it didn't help that they saw each other daily. Suga, who had followed him, was surprised to see the petal with little drops of blood float gracefully to the ground.

     Hinata walked to the fence that only came to his mid-stomach and slipped off his shoes. He shuddered as he felt the cool concrete on his feet (He had socks on). He stepped over the fence and stood on the edge with a soft sigh. The wind blew lightly through his hair and a soft sigh escaped his partially opened lips.

     Although Sugawara was extremely worried, his cheeks dusted a light pink when he stared at Hinata's lips in particular. His eyes widened as a tear slipped down Hinata's face. He walked up to Hinata, but it quickly turned into a sprint when he watched Hinata take his hands off of the fence and picked up a foot.

     Hinata was about to end it all when he felt someone pull him back. He fell over the fence onto the person behind him. His eyes were closed tightly, but they opened slightly when his figure was adjusted off of the person behind him.

"Why would you do that!?" He looked up to see Suga sitting across from him with a half-angry half-sad expression on his face. "S-Suga-san?" He sat up so he was sitting in a criss-cross position. "Yes, it's me! Now, why would you do that!?"

"I-I just thought th-that maybe e-everything would be f-fixed." Tears were starting to fall down his pained face.

"What's 'everything'?"

"W-Well... Uh-... I-I have H-Hanahaki a-and I-I don't h-have a-anymore family to go h-home to," He stuttered as more tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Who do you have Hanahaki for?" Suga would be lying if he said he wasn't jealous.

"I-I don't really want to-"

"Hinata!"

"F-Fine.." He looked down and fiddled with his thumbs, "I-It's- u-uhm- It's y-you.." Hinata waited for a rejection or just anything to signify that Suga doesn't feel the same. Instead, he felt arms snake around his waist and he was pulled into Suga's lap. Suga hid his face into the crook of Hinata's neck giving light kisses.

"S-Stop- haha- it tickles!" Hinata giggled with a heavy blush on his face. Surprisingly, he didn't feel the flowers in his throat anymore. Suga smiled against his skin and closed his eyes. Hinata stopped laughing and wrapped his legs around Suga's waist, a blush extremely visible on his face.

     Suga moved his head so that it was on top of Hinata's and squeezed him tightly. Hinata looked up only to see hazel-brown eyes looking back at him. "You're cute. You know that, right?" Suga laughed at Hinata's red face, "But it's true." Hinata hid his face in Suga's chest and mumble something incoherently.

"Why don't we stay at my house tonight?" Hinata nodded and mumble more things into Suga's shirt earning a soft chuckle in return. "You're going to have to get up though." The response was the shake of Hinata's head. Suga let out a breathy laugh and stood up with his arms supporting Hinata.

     Hinata let out a tiny noise as he felt Suga stand up holding him. He felt Suga take a few steps and pick up his shoes. Then Suga continued his way home with a cute tangerine blushing furiously in his arms.

     He got to his house and opened the door shifting Hinata to one arm so he could unlock the door. He walked to his room and sat down on the bed. He looked down at Hinata to notice he was asleep and a soft smile crept onto his lips. He leaned back and pulled Hinata to his chest and fell asleep listening to the soft breaths of the shorty in his arms.