The baby Cobra

~picture is Misty Nova Zabka~

— Misty Nova Pov—

My dad was driving with me early in the morning to set, him taking me to film Cobra Kai. It was filming for the up coming season and this year I was able to come with because I finished school, meaning as much as I love her and my two half siblings, my step mom wouldn't be having t babysit me while i missed dad.
His throat clearing as the car stopped snapped me out of it, my nerves from never having met any of the cast my age setting in. Obviously i knew uncle Ralph and Martin Kove and was not worried about them but the kids my age was a whole nother ball of wax.
"Ready to go baby cobra?' Dad asks quietly, the nickname being an old one that started with him and uncle Ralph long ago. I nod and grab my bag, opening my car door and getting out, coffee in hand as we go to his trailer. On the way i sleepily trudge next to him, his arm wrapped around my shoulders to help the anxiety he knew i had as we entered his trailer. Ge got the bed set up for me and kissed my head telling me he was gonna read his lines for the first part of the day while he waited for his turn in wardrobe and makeup. I curl up in a ball on the bed and pull my old teddy bear to my chest, wrapped in my old baby blanket as my blanket is pulled over my shoulders, the trailer a little cold still from the early morning before the sun rose above the horizon of the earth.. before i knew it, my eyes were snapped open by sun leaking through the door as dad and uncle Ralph come in fully in costume. I hop out of the bed and run to Ralph and jump into his arms, a sleepy smile plastered to my face, "Uncle Ralph. Hi, i missed you so much." My smile is no longer that of a sleepy one but one of a happy girl who loved her godfather to bits.

" I missed you too my little weather girl." He chuckles, the nickname being another one of his favorites because growing up if it was misty outside he would say i needed to control my clouds, seeing as my name was after all Misty Nova. I giggle softly as dad grabs my bags and telling me we were making our way over to the set. I gulp slightly knowing it was time to meet the other kids and hold onto my dad's hand shyly since i really hated dealing with new people. Part of that was thanks to my Autism. I was verbal but tended to clam up around others and eye contact was a no no for me, my main method of being calm was finding sensory objects and monitoring the sensory overload i sometimes get from lots of people and stress. On set i see a lot of people, some of them familiar and some of them not, one person caught my eyes more than most. I don't know if it was because his hair was a bright red or if it was the fact that his Mohawk was held up by clips on his hair and hairspray being doused onto his hair. His laugh could have been part of it, the smile and sound of his laugh at something his friend who my dad said was Tanner had said, maybe it was his beautiful eyes and the way they glinted in the bright light, maybe it was the way he stood like he was on top of the world. All i know is i, Misty Nova Zabka knew i was in deep and already falling for him. But could the baby cobra make it past the king cobra that was her father? she had no clue and she felt like she was about to explode.

A/N:
i myself was diagnosed with autism at a young age and while each autistic person has different ways of presenting i am going based off of my own personal experiences with the diagnosis. i figured it would be nice to be able to finally use what i have myself to make my story a little more investing and give it ties to the writer that are unique to me. I have been obsessing over cobra Kai and i know Jacob is currently twenty years old so i am going off season three filming and while i am aware of the pandemic going on i will not be using it in my story so all things for everything about that time line will be more fictional. i hope you like this story and please go easy on me, i have a few learning disabilities that make writing a little more challenging for me and i am also going these on my phone with a crappy wireless keyboard when it works otherwise its just my phone i use so things might be slightly funky. thank you in advance for reading if you do decide to stick around. stay safe and have a good day/ night.