[chapter one - clarke]

A/N: Hi! I finished watching The 100 recently, and thought it would be fun to write a fan fiction about my favorite couple (wink wink). Anyways, there are a few things I want to say - first of all, this isn't gonna be accurate or anything, I'm just using the characters and creating my own reality. They'll have their same personalities (at least, I'm hoping I can make those accurate enough) and I'm hoping to throw in some references about the actual plot lines, but mostly it's gonna be an original story! Also a little note - the ages aren't gonna be accurate either just for story purposes. They'll all just be around the same age and I'm sorry if that bothers people but it would be SO confusing to make them all different ages (lol). Anyways, I'm gonna stop rambling and get to the story! I'm super excited to start, and thank you so much for reading! Feel free to comment any suggestions or feedback! <3

---

"Clarke, school starts in fifteen minutes. If I knew you walked this slow, I would have driven."

"And if I knew you complained this much, I would have found a different best friend," I tease, hurrying to catch up with Raven. She's right, I'm walking slower than usual. Of course, it's mostly because I don't want to get to school, which she'd know if she would stop talking about how amazing it's going to be. 

Raven Reyes is basically the best friend I could ask for. She's kind, smart, and she makes sure I'm on time for everything. But she also knows how to have fun, which is something I didn't really do until I met her. In fact, the first night we met she took me to a party, after finding out my first boyfriend, Finn, was actually her boyfriend. It's confusing, and we don't talk about it anymore. 

Honestly, I should thank him for making it possible for me to meet her. 

"Oh, shut up," Raven says, nudging me with her elbow. "You love me."

"Most of the time," I reply, elbowing her back. I can see the school at the end of the street - Ark High, the 'best, most normal public school in the area', as my mom put it. If it were up to me, I wouldn't be going back to school at all. Last year... wasn't the best. There was all the Finn drama, for one, plus I was still grieving my dad, who died almost three years ago. I didn't have anyone to lean on, and I didn't want to put all of my stress onto my mom. 

At that point, I was enrolled in a private school, where I had to wear a uniform and eat weird fancy private school foods. I'm sure most people would have loved it, but I just wanted to go to a public school where the kids would look at me like I didn't just kill their cat. 

To be honest, I'm not completely sure why everyone didn't like me. I mean, I'm self conscious about how I look, like most teenagers. But I'm trying to work on that, and I'm hoping those kids wouldn't hate me just because I'm not up to the beauty standards. Don't think like that, Clarke. That's just your opinion. 

Raven, on the other hand, would have fit in perfectly. Her silky brown hair, bright eyes and more than genius brain... she's the picture of perfection. 

"We're almost there," Raven squeals, grabbing my hand and breaking into a brisk walk. "Come on, Clarke! I want to get there early so we can say hi to people!"

Raven didn't go to Ark High last year, either. She's been home schooled pretty much her whole life, and this year she decided to step into the school system with me. 

We're fast approaching the school yard, and I finally crack. I come to a stop, forcing Raven to stop walking as well. 

"Clarke," she says. "What's wrong?"

"I-" I begin, but Raven cuts me off. 

"You're nervous," she says, touching my arm gently. "Don't be. You have me, remember? Worst case scenario, we sit alone in the cafeteria and we get really good marks because we study all the time. What could go wrong?"