22. His Majesty, bastard Xavier

"Enough with the waterwork, bitch." Alexa sneered.

Upon hearing that, Sam started crying more loudly. Nate groaned.

Ariana stepped forward. "Despite what you've done, I've decided not to press charge against you or that man. Now, go before I change my mind."

Sam looked at her and gulped. She helped her partner in crime get up from the floor and walked away with him.

Just then, Sean returned. He walked straight towards Ariana."I'll explain everything to you. It's better if you hear it from me."

Alexa nudged Nate. "Let's go."

Ariana walked inside her room, followed by Sean. She was really nervous and uncomfortable at the moment. It was obvious why Sam had done everything and she knew where her conversation with Sean was going to head towards.

"So?" she asked, not meeting his eyes.

"I'm sorry." Sean muttered.

"I'm sorry that you got dragged into this whole mess. Actually, Sam is my childhood friend. I knew she had feeling for me but she was nothing more than a friend to me. When we both got into same college, she thought that we'd get to spend more time together and I'll start to love her. I thought so too. But then, I saw you."

Ariana shot her eyes up quickly to find him staring at her.

Sean slowly looked down and chuckled. "It will sound cheesy, but trust me. The first time I saw you, I felt some connection. I was drawn towards you instantly."

"Now I'm not a stalker-" He chuckled again. "- but I started trying to see you everyday. Even when our schedule didn't match. Whenever I tried to talk to you, you didn't respond but this pull towards you only grew stronger - "

Ariana cleared her throat loudly, cutting him off. "During all of this, you weren't together with that girl or had made any commitments to her?"

"No, not at all!" Sean corrected quickly.

Ariana sighed in relief knowing that she hadn't come between them.

"But I didn't realize she would go as far as this to hurt you because of her one-sided feelings. I'm truly sorry."

Ariana shook her head. "Although it is not your fault, I forgive you. And her."

"And?" Sean stared at her expectantly.

"And?"

"What about my confession?"

From what Ariana had seen till now, Sean was a great guy. But she didn't know if she was even capable of loving anyone else than her mate. She sighed deeply.

"Sean, you're nice. But I don't think I can commit to you or anyone else right now. So, it would be better for you if you forgot about me."

"I don't think I can do that." Sean stated.

He didn't know himself where all this confidence was coming to him from.

"You can. Just try." Ariana muttered shyly.

Sean chuckled. He softened his voice. "You don't have to reciprocate my feelings. It's totally fine. I would never force you but I have no control over them either. I just like you. A lot. And I can't do anything about that." He shrugged his shoulders.

Ariana didn't know how to respond. It was the first time anyone had said these many loving words to her. She felt overwhelmed. Surprisingly, in a nice way. Her eyes started to tear up a little bit.

Sean noticed that and decided to divert their conversation. " Let's attend the class, shall we? Can't let our grades drop." He smiled.

Ariana nodded yes and they walked to the class, side by side.