Chapter 1: Olympus

On the top of the Empire State Building, on the 600th floor to be exact, the gods were all sitting on their thrones. They were arguing about the smallest thing when a noise echoed through the chamber. It was as if something had shattered. Indeed, it had. A jar sat destroyed in the middle with a horrified Hestia staring at it from her hearth. It was Pandora's Jar that was supposed to hold Elpis and the last reminder of a girl the Olympians called friend. 

Meanwhile, a young girl with grey curly locks and greenish-hazel eyes was running as fast as she could into Camp Half-Blood. A pack of hellhounds was chasing after her hungry for her blood. She was wearing a black hoodie and jeans with a black ring on her left hand. When she realized that she could not outrun the vicious animals she decided to stay and fight. Her right hand touched her ring and it changed. It became a long black sword gleaming bright in the rain. She lunged at the first hellhound and thrust her sword at its heart. It burst to ashes and disappeared. The smaller hellhounds were weary to taste its bite for the sword had just destroyed the eldest and largest hellhound in the pack. The girl had left the hellhounds so perplexed that she managed to get a head-start in running up Half-Blood Hill. With the hellhounds still hot on her tracks, she got over the property line and was no longer in danger. She slipped into the trees with the whole camp looking at her. 

"Hey! Wait!" a girl yelled. The girl's grey eyes became alarmed when she realized that the girl had disappeared in the forest. Her curly blonde hair bouncing as she ran after the mysterious newcomer. "Annabeth! Wait for me!" a boy yelled after her as he followed her. Annabeth could still hear the grey haired girl's sneakers sloshing around on the wet ground and could occasionally see a wisp of hair amongst the trees. Annabeth stopped when she saw the girl stop at a clearing in the forest. "Hey um.. are you ok?" Annabeth asked her. The greenish-hazel eyes looked at her with a sad expression. There was heartbreak and loss in those eyes but, there was something there. like you didn't want to give up. "I'm fine..." the girl answered. "Whats your name?" said Annabeth. "My name is Nova Brookes" she responded. "My name's Annabeth Chase. You don't have to be afraid. We won't hurt you."

Nova's Pov

I was running through the forest trying to find the temple. I ran to the area of where it was supposed to be and found the whole area cleared. I didn't sense it anywhere else so, I knew it must be gone... A girl is running towards me. She has grey eyes and blonde hair. She is wearing a CHB shirt so she must be a camper. She asked me if I was okay and I told her I was fine. She was looking into my eyes searching me in the way that Athena used to look at me. The girl asked me my name and I answered with my mortal name. She told me her name is Annabeth Chase and that I didn't have to be afraid. I am not afraid. I am angered. Angered at my mother for her evil deeds. I always told her to keep her anger in check. My mother was never evil. But, now I see she has changed. Annabeth was asking me if I knew who my parents were. When I nodded my head she asked me who they were. I told her that my mother was Nyx and as I said it Nyx appeared with a nasty look on her face. When she saw me the nasty look left her face, and in place her lips parted and tears streamed down her face. I glared at her as Annabeth held on to the boy who had followed her. I screamed at my mother telling her I didn't want her to be near me and with a final look of heartbreak she left. I closed my eyes for a second and took a deep breath. Annabeth and the boy that she called Percy were staring at me in shock. I opened my eyes and asked them if I could speak to Chiron. They nodded and told me to follow them. I ran after them, eager to speak to the wise centaur once more. 

I would write more but I was lost on how to end this chapter. Couldn't really think of a cliffhanger or a "good ending." So... anway. Bye -Sierra