Swimming

The tranquil water laps slowly around your feet as you dangle them in the clean, neat, serene, turquoise rectangle of the heated pool. There was no note under your door, but then Kat had become wary of your father and so you wonder if she would even come. Your heart thuds deep down in your chest, painfully waiting for the soft voice like crushed glass that can strike you dead and yet still allure you. The voice of the woman you would thank for slitting your throat if you could feel her lingering touch on your skin. You never hear her approach, but she always comes. Every night. You know she always comes, even if tonight the time drags on and on and your blood boils with expectancy. Your hand clutches at the folds of your white, flowing dress, racked with anticipation as forbidden memories creep their way into your mind.

A sigh beside your ear makes your head tip back against her shoulder in a quiet moan and your eyes flutter closed. She's knelt behind you, arriving silently from the shadows, her lips dragging slowly across your neck and up at your cheekbones, taunting you as she nibbles slightly on your ear. You feel her hands close around, her gaze on your exposed spine travel across your body. You would give anything to Kat. Every part of you begs you to turn around and see her face, but she holds you firmly, one hand gently on the small of your back and the other resting on your shoulder, stroking the curls of hair that have tumbled to your neck. She holds you tighter against her as you stand up, pressing herself against your back and resting her chin on your hair. Her cheek presses against yours, as a hand moves slowly up your skirt and gently across your upper thighs.

'All I want, my darling, is for you to be mine to do what I want with,' she whispers in your ear. And there's that voice. The voice that cuts deep like a dagger, and draws you to it. The voice that fades with the shadows, its warmth spreading through you as her hands wander to places that make you want to close your legs in shame.

'I'm-,' the hands slowly move up your sides to rest at your chest, 'I'm all yours, Kat,' your voice is breathy and shaking, excited, unrecognizable. The hands stroke across your breasts, soft and caressing.

Before you can even sigh with pleasure she turns you quickly to face her, holds your wrists together above your head, and presses her red, outlined lips hard against your breathless mouth, tasting like sweet honey and wine. A tingle sets through your body as her hand traces down your arm, fingers leaving you with a ghostly shiver of delight as they stroke your cheek. You keep your eyes firmly open, to drink in all her beauty, the ends of her hair a mess against the base of her neck as you push your hands through them, holding her closer. Her eyes liquid pools of starlight, always a different color every time you meet, shining in the darkness like the stars. Slightly taller than you, she dips her head to greet your hungry eyes and presses her lips, so kissable, so perfect, against yours again, fingertips teasing at the strap of your dress. The curves of her body fit to yours, as she kisses down your stomach towards your sweet spot, drawing away, toying mercilessly with you and denying you your reward. She carries you, lifting you above her by your waist, so your legs can wind possessively around her and your face can relax into the welcoming curve of her shoulder, never wanting to be apart from her for even a second.

She lays you down gently, cold fingers flitting over you as you're draped across a short white bench seat, staring up at her, imploring her to know that you belong to her. Every part of you belongs to her. Katerina Blade. The woman you fell in love with. The woman who always left you burning for more. And one day, Katerina would leave for good. You know that, but ,at this moment, how could you care?

Your dress is discarded, crumpled on the poolside tiles, leaving you half naked, frozen if it were not for the warmth of her body pressed against yours. You can hardly breathe as she strokes your neck, your face, tugging at your bra till she removes it completely. Lips crash into each other again as fingers meet and hands explore each other. The bottle of wine you had brought was forgotten as she picks you up again and slides into the cold pool with you in her arms. A gasp of pleasure and shock overwhelms you as she holds you at the surface, burying her face to your chest. You throw back your head, a hand clamped over your mouth as her fingers stroke down your legs, her hair billowing around her in the water and her black dress soaked through and half ridden up her body. You quiver as you pull away and then move back towards her, intent on grabbing that face and making that perfect mouth scream.

And blood, crimson, spreading: pools of blood, soaking up her perfect skin, staining her as the corpse rises, bloated and bleeding, to the surface of the hotel pool. The wind moans against the bodies bones as your eyes fill with horror. Kat starts to laugh hollowly. And that's when you start to scream.