twenty seven

chapter twenty seven
"a fucking asshole"

      "YOU WANNA ASK DEREK FOR help? Why, why?"

      Lynn rolled her bright blue eyes at the fact that her best friend is so absolutely dramatic, and she softly chuckled while trailing right behind the boys — Scott, and Stiles.

      It only seemed like yesterday they had been wondering the halls of Beacon Hills high school, and most definitely didn't feel like they had a full four months of summer vacation. Lynn couldn't wait to be plagued with nonstop homework assignments, essays, and lacrosse practices — note the sarcasm?

      For the first day of school, she had decided to curl her usually straight hair for more a flare. Lynn still had the same style, with black jeans that had holes ripped on her knee's, her infamous sneakers, a black crop top that flaunted her sun kissed tan, and then to finish it off, she had a red striped flannel tied around her waist.

      "He's got the triskele tattooed on his back," Scott spoke up, and Lynn bumped her head upwards instead of staring at her feet "So, there has to be a way to do it without healing, right?"

      "I'm offended you didn't even tell me you were getting a tattoo," Lynn placed a childish hand on her chest with a fake gasp. "Maybe I would've saved you four and a half hours of pain only for it to disappear within a minute."

      "She's right," Stiles bobbed his head up and down as he pointed his thumb in the girls direction, and she flashed Scott a sarcastic smile. "But, uh, doesn't Derek have his hands a little full at the moment?"

      Lynn's lighthearted attitude seemed to fade as Stiles pointed out the two missing person files that had been stuck up on one of the many posterboards hanging around the school. It was Erica and Boyd, and her face softened up at the two images of the teens.

      The three onlooking teenagers were then interrupted when they heard a loud voice echo from the room right next to the many flyers, and they curiously itched closer to see who it was.

      "Look, these are the applications for the career advisor, I need them sorted," a man explained, and Lynn remember talking to him with her mother when Matt was killed and was forced to speak to the school therapist — it was the old principal, the one before Gerald magically took over the school. "And whatever happened to the library while I was gone, I want it cleared up. And what the hell is this?"

      Lynn snorted in an attempt at covering her laughter as the man picked up a long, silver sword that was hidden under the desk. Immediately, Stiles placed two hands on Lynn's shoulder to shove her forward so they were no longer easedropping in the doorway where anyone could catch them.

      "Should we tell him someone was murdered with that or.?" Lynn nibbled on her bottom lip as the amusement made her chest rumble with laughter. Stiles seemed to find the comment funny, letting out a little chuckle himself, but Scott only shook his head at her.