RESERVED ISSUE no.17

"O arithmós ton anagnostón sas meiónetai argá méra me ti méra, kyría Athanasíou. Eínai apogoitevménoi apó to néo sas dimosievméno vivlío. Apó to romantikó paramýthi sas, méchri tin tragikí sas istoría agápis. Aftí eínai mia xafnikí metávasi, Mía. Oi anagnóstes sas den ítan proetoimasménoi gia aftó. Den ímastan proetoimasménoi gia aftó. Boró na xéro ti synévi?"
     The number of your readers are slowly decreasing day by day, Ms. Athanasiou. They are disappointed of your new published book. From your fairy tale romance, down to your tragic love story. That's a sudden transition, Mia. Your readers weren't prepared for this. We weren't prepared for this. May I know what happened?

    "Sorry if that's the case then, Ms. Argyros. People change. You know, I've... I've learned lessons in life, Miss. And one thing's for sure, life's not a fairytale."

   "Théloume na dimiourgísete istoríes pou moiázoun me paramýthi. Aftá pou pragmatiká kánete. Óchi merikés istoríes pou anoígoun ta mátia. Oi éfivoi misoún tin allagí. Diorthóste to cháos sas kai grápste ti apaiteí o kósmos." We want you to create stories that are fairy tale-like. The ones you really do. Not some eye-opener stories. Teens hate change. Fix up your mess and write what the world demands.

   "Sygnomí, but I believe that every writer has the freedom to write whatever she pleases. A writer has the freedom to transcribe her change because we are not writing to please the world, we write to give lessons to the world and please ourselves, our fancies. And if you, the world, my readers can't live up to my transitions, expect my resignation letter this afternoon."

   I did not wait for any words from them and just left the building. I don't wanna hear anymore mandates from anyone against my transition towards my writing.

Alam ko, kasalanan ko din naman. I just shocked them with my sudden release of book. My new release was a tragic story.  Antonymous from my previous fairy tale-like ones.

   Even my editor didn't liked the idea, let's say the plot, but I pushed him to process it and have it published. I know I was at fault for pushing it knowing that a lot might not like the change I've put into my piece. But somehow, umasa din naman ako.

  And this is where my decision got me. Losing my readers.
It's painful. Kasi kahit papano, I hoped that whatever comes in my mind that I decide to write, matatanggap nila. But turns out, they only loved me when I was the Mia before. When life was all about fairy tales.

   Everybody hates sudden changes. Everybody hates instant transition.

  That's reality for you, Mia. When will you ever learn?

  And I'm afraid...
I love writing. I love sharing my thoughts. But if this is the case, I may have to stop.

    Sometimes, things you hoped for, aren't just for you.

    I parked my car inside our garage and entered the house.
Then I saw all of them at the dining having brunch filled with chitchats about the wedding. And oh, Mjio's pregnant by the way.

   And upon knowing the truth, hindi na ako nagulat. Isn't it obvious already?

  Ashlann's family are here. They are—what's the word? Nama– I don't know. I forgot. But it's somehow related to supplication.

  Basta yung tawag sa ginagawang pag-bisita sa parents ng ikakasal. And yes, Mjio and Ashlann's getting married.
Ashlann's okay with Kai already. He's okay with my parents already, with us. We already welcomed him in the family.

  It was a hard thing to do, yes. Pero inisip namin si Mjio. Ashlann makes her happy. So much happiness. We saw how Ashlann became her source. And how it did the same thing to Ashlann too.