The truth

(Days later...)

Melody and The identical twins were shopping with Abby and her fiancé, Zack (sorry with these trash names 🤧), in wall Rose. They didn't want to shop back in Sina because there were too many fancy things there and they just wanted normal- style clothes.

"This is so boring! I wanna play!" Aella complained.

"Sorry but your parents and grandparents were having an important conversation so I though 'why not take the girls out' and I did that" Abby laughed.

"This is no laughing matter! What are we shopping for anyways?" The little blonde asked

"Just some clothes."

"Yawn." Aella says, bored out of her mind.

(Timeskip)

It's been around half an hour and everyone was still shopping. Except Aella who walked off  10 minutes ago.

"This dress looks pretty. What do you think, Melody?" Ella asks. Melody looks at the dress and nods. "Cute." She says.

"Aella? What about you?"

...

"Aella?"

...

Ella turns around to see Aella not around or anywhere else near.

"Huh? Um..Melody? Where's Aella?" Melody looks at Ella then elsewhere. "I don't know." She says.

"AELLA WHERE ARE YOU?!?!" Ella yelled.

"Over here! I was just looking at those other shops nearby." Aella says as she runs up towards the other two and then gets scolded for leaving unexpectedly.

(Later...)

"Come on girls! Time to go back home!" Abby said, getting the girls's attention while they were playing with some other kids they met. One being named Jean, who Aella calls 'Chubby Cheeks' because of his round-ish head.

"Ah, okay! Later guys!" Ella waved bye and followed.

(Few Days Later...)

Paul ruffled his newspaper. It was a late dawn and News about wall Maria being destroyed spread like wild fire. So quick that everyone in Sina new about it just hours after the incident.

"I can't believe it! How did wall Maria get attacked? That wall is like 60 meters high! (I don't know the exact height so sorry if I'm incorrect.)" He said.

"Hush dad! Keep it down. Wouldn't want to wake up the kids." Xena says, not knowing that Melody is listening from the next room.

Melody's POV

They got in? How? Judging from the height of the wall, what Titan can be THAT tall to bust in and butcher  it like it's nothing? I feel bad for the people who's living— well- who LIVED there since I overheard that the survivors were now in wall Rose, the middle wall, Which is next to Us. But...since they gotten Wall Maria...won't Rose be next?...Tch. This isn't my problem. Let those soldiers handle it. But what if they can't? UGH! STOP WORRYING!!!

I mentally screamed at myself and quietly walked away from their conversation. I won't tell Aella and Ella about what I heard because I don't want them to get involved or hurt.

~~~

I walked into our bedroom and saw them still asleep. 'The Mp's, huh?' I thought as I observed some of their drawings that were scattered on a little table. I walked towards it to look at their drawings. One had a drawing of a green unicorn labeled 'Military Police' in slightly sloppy handwriting and the other was filled with little Roses that were labeled 'Garrisons' but was spelled with one 'R' instead of two.
'That's weird. There's only two regiments? I could've sworn there was a third one. Their symbol were  like wings. One side was white and the other was dark blue. What was the name......wings...wings...freedom.....Wings of Freedom....THE SURVEY CORP!!'

I snapped out of my thoughts when I hear the room door openings. It was mom. "Hey Melody. Everything ok in here?" She asked."...yeah..but can I ask you something?...privately?" She nodded and we both left the room and headed towards the steps. "Spill." I said as soon as we stopped. "Eh? What do you mean?"

"Xena..." I said. I never called the lady by her first name. Only 'mom' or 'maam'. She flinched when I said her name and understood that I wasn't playing around. "Wings of Freedom..why haven't you told them about the survey corp?" Xena gasped. "You know about them?" I nodded. "Yeah. I am a Titan after all." I mumbled so that no one else can hear. Only mom,dad, Aella and Ella know that I'm a Titan and not my- well the grandparents. That why I keep my purple colored scarf around my neck to cover the bottom half of my face since since I have rows of teeth going across my face. I do have lips but...yeah Titan. I heard Xena sigh and say "I'm afraid."

"Of?"

"I don't want them to join the survey corp because..it's really dangerous. Going outside the walls to fight against Titans- well- BIGGER and MEANER Titans...I just..don't want them to get hurt or worse...killed. You know how dangerous it is outside the walls, right? How many innocent soldiers were brutally murdered and eaten by those creatures..."

"I understand but you have to tell them the truth. Not now though since they're still kids"
Xena nodded her head. "I'll tell them in the near future"

"Yeah.."

>>>>

1 Year Later....

"Mom!" Aella said, running into the kitchen with Ella behind her.

"Yes?" Xena said to her two daughters as she washed the dishes.

"Can we enlist in the military now? We're old enough." Ella said.

"Yeah! And strong too! We'll definitely get into the top 10!" Aella agreed. Their mom giggled.

"Trying to join your mother in the Mps, ay?" She said. The small blondes nodded.

Just then, Melody walked in while holding Abby's 1-year-old Twins: Susie, who was named after her grandmother, Susan and Fresno, who was named after Zack's father, who had sadly died during the wall Maria retake incident a year ago. He was only able to see his now grandchildren once before meeting his unfortunate end.

Before they were born, Abby originally thought that she was pregnant with one child and when she went back to the doctor to know the gender, they doctor said that the baby was a boy AND a girl. Thus Abby, being the curious women she is like her older sister, asked the doctor what he meant by that and  turns out that she was actually having twins. Both boy and girl. They were just bunched  up together so it was hard to see the other unborn child.

Also after the twins were born, Abby never stopped bothering Xena about how she had twins too and will soon catch up to three kids but, after experiencing so much pain giving birth, she decided to wait a few more years before thinking about adding another kid into the family. There were already 3 kids at first and now 5 altogether. Most of them being girls and you know how that will end up after they reach puberty. Minus Melody since she's a Titan and is over 60 years old.

Melody nodded at  Xena, Telling her that it's time to tell her children the truth about the Military. About the Survey Corps.

"Listen...girls..there's something that we've..been hiding from you....about the military." Xena said, turning towards her daughter's.

"There's a third legion other than the Garrisons and MPs. They're called the 'Survey Corp'. Their Job is to go fight off the Titans outside the walls..." The children were silent, mentally telling her to continue. "The reason why we didn't tell you was because...most of those soldiers don't come back alive, which is why we don't want you to EVER join there. Who knows what I'll do if you two joined the survey corp and never came back from an expedition. Just promise me..." Xena bend down towards their level. "...you'll stick with joining the MPs."

Aella and Ella were silent for a while. They then looked at each other then nodded. "We promise." They said. Xena smiled.

"Good. I'm glad you understand." She said.

April/1/2021