Chapter 1

Before my adopted parents died I remember asking them if my friends and I could buy the house next door. The only reason they agreed is because they knew about how their parents treat them and because they didn't have enough room in their house. After we moved in not even a week later they died by the car going over the side of the bridge with only Elena surviving. Don't get me wrong I love Elena but most of the time she can be overbearing and for some reason she gets kind of jealous of me and my friends. I just hope she cuts that act out. My friends already don't really like her because they see how she acts most of the time. She gets upset because while she is close with Bonnie and Caroline I am close and living with Evie, Jay, and Carlos while at the same time I am close with Bonnie, Caroline, and basically most of the school.

Right now we were getting ready to go nextdoor to see Jeremy and Jenna (I left Elena out on purpose) before school.
Mal: Guy's knock it off.
I said to Jay and Carlos who were running downstairs racing to see who could get downstairs first.
Mal: EVIE HURRY UP OR WE WILL BE LATE.
I said rushing them to hurry up so we could go nextdoor before school. She then ran downstairs ready to go and the boys were as well.
Evie: Okay let's go.
We walked nextdoor and walked into the house to see Jenna in the kitchen with Elena.
Jenna: Toast I can make toast!
Jenna said running around the kitchen.
Elena: It's all about the coffee Aunt Jenna.
Elena said fixing herself some coffee. And Jeremy walks into the kitchen.
Jeremy: Is there coffee?
He asked looking like a zombie when he walked in and taking Elena's cup.
Mal: Ooh Jer while you're at it fix us some too.
I said waiting to see if they would notice we were there they looked at us.
Jeremy and Jenna: Good morning how are you doing this morning?
When they asked this and went to hug us Elena rolled her eyes as if she was annoyed.
Mal: Good if you don't count the boys racing down the stairs and E (Evie) taking forever to get ready.
I said and Jenna laughed as Jeremy walked up to Jay and Carlos and asked
Jeremy: Who won?
Jay and Carlos: I did.
They said at the same time and they began to play fight.
Jenna:  Guys it's your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared. Lunch money?
Elena: I'm good.
Jeremy takes the money from Jenna.
Jenna: Anything else? A number two pencil? What am I missing?
Mal: Don't you have a big presentation today?
I asked because she has been talking about it for weeks.
Jenna: I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at...now. Crap!
Evie: Then go. We'll be fine.
Elena: You okay?
Elena asked Jeremy and me and the others winced knowing Jeremy will get upset.
Jeremy: Don't start.
He says and walks out of the house. Elena then turns and glares at me and my friends and we glare back. We walk out and go back to our house get in my car and start singing while I drive on the way to school.

When we get there we get out of the car and walk to our class that we have together we sit next to each other talking. That is until Caroline Forbes (one of my friends and Carlos' crush walks up to us and hugs the life out of me.
Caroline: How are you? Oh, it's so good to see you. How is she? Is she good?
Mal: Care I am right here and I am fine.
I said smiling a little at how concerned she is.
Caroline: Really?
She asked concerned.
Mal: Yes. Much better.
I said laughing a bit as she hugged me again.
Caroline: Oh you poor thing.
Mal: Okay Care.
Caroline: Right sorry.
She said realizing that I could hardly breathe. And she ran off to find Elena.
Mal: No comment.
I said seeing the boys about to say something.

A/N: Hey guys I just realized how long it would take to get to the part when they meet Elijah and Klaus for the first time so I decided to skip to that part. I just thought I'd let you know so you don't get confused.