Chapter 1

Elise's POV

"Come on E, you're 21 now, it's time to get yourself out there. It's time to mingle with the fish." Whined my bestest of friends, Claire.

"I know, I guess I'm just not ready yet, besides fish can give you diseases." I mumbled.

"You've been saying that for how many years now?" Claire raised an eyebrow in disapproval, clearly not brushing off my last comment," E, you're 21, soon you'll be who knows how old and still single. Elli, I'm worried about you here."

"But there's nothing to be worried about. Claire, I'm only 21 not 90. I still have a lot of time." I tried to convince her with a smile of reassurance, notice the keyword, 'tried'.

"Uh-huh." Claire hummed, not even trying to hide the boredom from her flawless, pale features and tone." Okay, how about this, try out the new dating App, I mean there's nothing to lose, right? Besides, I've heard that it's been successful for many people out there. Even my colleague got herself a hunk of a man."

"I don't know." I nervously admitted.

I've never been much of a fan of dating apps, actually dating in general. I don't know where I'd even start if I were to start dating.

"Come on E, pretty please? I mean the app's a hit. It's only been on the web for what? two months, and it's already famous, it's off the roof. The ratings and reviews are insane. I'll be honest, I entered it today too. I just couldn't resist." Claire excitedly gushed, her words flowing from her tongue like water from how fast she was speaking.

"Let me think about it, okay?" I sighed in defeat.

"Great!" She happily squealed in victory, ignoring the fact that I'd said I'd think about it, not that I'd do it." You won't regret it, Boo. I promise." She said in a singsong voice, her excitement quite apparent and a bit overwhelming.

"Airy, I have to go. We'll talk later or tomorrow, okay?" I asked, taking a quick glimpse of my almost low battery.

"You're not trying to run away from me, are you?" She asked, playfully squinting her eyes at me accusingly.

I rolled my eyes at her in amusement, playfully sticking my tongue out at her words.

"As if I could, you'd manage to find me in minutes." I playfully scoffed.

"True. I'm that good." She praised herself, smirking at me with a wink to emphasize her point.

I couldn't help but to roll my eyes again at her antics before my eyes caught glimpse of my phone's battery life again that flashed an angry red as the percentage read three percent at the side.

"Well, I'm gonna jet. Later." I waved at the camera.

Claire smiled at me before her hand also appeared on my phone's screen as she waved at me. She blew me a Bluetooth kiss before the call ended and I was back to our WhatsApp chatting page.

With a sigh, I plucked my phone back into the charger where it resided before Claire's unexpected call.

Claire and I have been friends since tenth Grade, but to how we became friends is beyond me. I was always in class for my lunch breaks until she entered my school. She was consequently enrolled into my class and I was asked to help her catch up because she got in during second term. She was and still is the cheerful and talkative type whereas I was and still am the quiet and shy type, that is until Claire came into the picture. She always talked my ears off during breaks until we finally hit it off and became the best of friends.