Mira Meets Dabi

(Before anything else, I need to explain that Mira Perry is Jaclyn and Dabi's kid referred to in the multi-part one shot I've been working in this book. She's also referred to in the one shot I titled 'Semi-Futuristic AU'. Anyway, one of my Instagram children suggested that I make a profile for Mira so expect to see that soon as well. I feel like the song suits Dabi and Jaclyn starting a healthy [NOT DATING YET] relationship again. It captures this nostalgia for them to be meeting without arguing, tension or fighting involved; like how they first started dating. I think you'll enjoy starting to listen to "These Foolish Things" most during this drabble at the "*'" point, but you can start it whenever you want or not at all.

I'm trying to make more updates for this book, but my life doesn't revolve around Wattpad. This place has been pissing me off with how I'm following 773 people compared to the 637 people who are actually following me. I needed to vent about that, so I apologize to any of my real ones who might feel to blame. :/

I hope you like it, there's nothing but fluff. No trigger warnings. :) )

Getting Acquainted

[FLUFF]

 "Thank you for doing this. I have to go to her back to school night in half an hour and this really helps." Jaclyn Perry thanked her ex and patted her daughter, Mira on the head. Dabi chuckled softly as the six year old nervously clung to her mother's leg. It was all too familiar to the way he would be terrified of his own father. "He's not going to bite you, okay? You have nothing to worry about, okay sweetie?" Jaclyn cooed to Mira. "I left a note on the fridge if you don't know what to do, there are movies you can watch with her in my room, and I put a number for ordering Chinese take out on the note-"

*' He sighed and gave her free hand a squeeze. "Are you sure you don't need anything else? I could stay the night-" The villain offered. "No, no it's fine. You can just leave when I get back. She's gonna be asleep by then. I don't know if I'll be able to reply, but you can text me if anything goes wrong." Jaclyn insisted calmly. "You're going to be good for Dabi, okay sweetie? No trying to heat food on your own, no teleporting, and no watching Voltron tonight. Try to do as much of your homework as you can and focus, okay Mira?" She looked down at the child who buried her face in her mother's calf. "She's shy around people she doesn't know."

Dabi nodded with understanding. "I'm pretty sure I was like that when I was your age too, kid." He muttered, glancing down at the little girl. Of course Mira didn't say anything, she never had to. "Why can't you staaay??" Mira mumbled into her mom's leg. "I should get going, sweetie..." Jaclyn answered with a sigh. She hugged her daughter and let her go, teleporting away.

"Smart." Dabi commented to himself. "That's my mommy." The six year old replied, her turquoise eyes sparkling wistfully at where her mother stood.

She's a real mommy's girl, huh?