It's a Match

December 2018,

Sitting on a wooden bench foreseeing the Zamalek Nile river, it was past midnight and Mohamed was swiping right to every single girl he sees on Tinder, which is a typical gesture of Egyptian men when it comes to using dating apps. He decides for no particular reason to give a super like when swiping to an anonymous girl "Layla". At least that's what she calls herself. 19 years old, likes reading and writing, her only picture is Coldplay's cover picture of Ghost Stories album: blue background and two huge bird wings. Immediately they started texting, both of them were bored to death. And since no one can afford therapy these days; they decided to stay anonymous and rant about all the deep stuff they can't tell any other human being.

Both Layla and Mohamed found themselves relating to their family issues, more specifically, their daddy issues. Although both were born and raised under different rather contrasting circumstances, life found ways to connect them either through their similar problems or their personalities or even their artistic tastes. When it comes to art, Mohamed can't help but talk about his most favorite thing on earth...cinema. A huge cinephile he is, and not exactly humble as he acts if he's the only one out there who discovered the hidden gems of cinema and he gets selfish sometimes to the point that he will keep his most undiscovered gems only to himself and no one else. On the other hand, Layla was more of a bookworm. She can get high from sniffing the dust on her books. Almost all of her pocket money goes to books, books and more books. Her desk has so many books more than it can handle and might collapse anytime soon. Her life motto can be something like "I read therefore I exist", or "The bigger the book the lesser the sleep".

There was so much going on between both; jumping from art to music and from there all way back to the daddy issues. You know a Tinder match is serious when you stop swiping on people for couple of days and you just get so immersed in this conversation but deep inside you know that it's going to end in the lamest way possible anytime soon.

Did that happen with them?, well, not exactly...