Isle of Dawn - Part 1

If you haven't played the mobile game Sky: Children of the Light, then this book will likely not make sense to you. I suggest you play this free game, and then come back. However, if you want to keep reading anyway, I can't stop you. Go ahead.

The formatting is written for a computer, so if it appears odd on mobile I apologize.

Please note - I am in college at the moment, so I'm not sure how often I will be able to update this book. However, I hope I do it fairly consistently.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I felt the grains of sand within my hands. All I remembered before this, was falling. Now, I lay in the sand surrounded by water. I used my arms to help myself up and walked to the water. I didn't feel weak, but maybe splashing some water in my face would help me to remember what I was meant to do here. I knelt down on the shore, and put my hand in the water- Ouch! Did that water just... Burn me? I stood up and backed away from the shore, and looked to my left. I saw a large mountain with an entrance.

Well, I suppose there's only one way to go, I thought to myself.

I walked into the entrance of what appeared to be a cave, and immediately the walls lit up with pictures. They clearly told a story. A civilization that had been become extinct. I continued to walk, and one picture, in particular, drew me in. It appeared to be a cluster of stars, with one falling to an island. That's when it hit me.

I'm a child of the light.

Chapter One - Isle of Dawn (Part 1)

What I thought was a cave turned out to be a tunnel. Something near the end of this tunnel, besides the sunlight, was illuminating everything around it. I continued my walk, sand cascading around me. This illuminated... thing... appeared to be another sky child. However, they were different. They had their head tilted upward and had no defining features. No mask or anything. I reached my hand toward them to see if they could show me the way, or see if they were just as lost as I was.

As I made contact with them, a star with wings shot up with a trail of light, and the child disappeared. I reached out to this light, and it whizzed around me quickly, shooting into my body. I rose off the ground and was spun, soon feeling cloth on my arms. As I was gently set down, I looked to my arms and discovered a cape. It had a golden interior with an orangish-brown exterior.

I got my cape!

I may not remember much from before I fell here, but what I did know is that this cape was essential for me to fly and complete my purpose. To get to the End. I wasn't sure what that would look like, or how long it would take to get there, but I was ready.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I kept this first chapter short to give you an idea of my writing style, future chapters will be far longer.

I am not in any affiliation with Sky: Children of the Light by ThatGameCompany, this is completely fan-made.