twenty nine

chapter twenty nine
"oh my GOD"

chapter twenty nine"oh my GOD"

      "I GOT THE WATER!"

      LYNN immediately backed up from being in such close proximity with Derek the second she recognized Scott's voice echoing throughout their room he had just entered.

      Awkwardly, it seemed like the two werewolves cleared their throats as they divided up the space between them. Derek went back to mixing those herbs up, the purple flower, and then Lynn folded her arms over her chest as she steadily avoided eye contact with anyone and everyone.

      "Did I miss something?" Questioned an awfully confused Scott, tilting his head off to the side like a confused puppy. The boy was now holding a completely dirtied and smudged glass cup, with some equally disgusting water.

      "No," shouted Derek and Lynn at the same time, and they both softly glared at each other for the other one talking at the same time.

       Lynn just rolled her blue eyes as she walked away from the two boys and headed over towards where Isaac was still unconscious. She leaned her butt up against the table, her eyes falling on the creaky wooden floorboards under her feet.

      Almost as if her mother could tell that she was in desperate need of a distraction from all this awkward tension — Lynn's phone ringtone started beeping throughout the air, and she had never dug so quickly for the object before.

Birth Giver❤️😚

Could you bring some lunch to the hospital? I'm STARVING! 12:02 pm

"It's my mom," Lynn stated as she rose her phone up into the air, and then she flashed the two boys a quick tight-lipped smile. "Gotta go."

"Evelynn—"

"—I'll see you tomorrow, Derek," Lynn stated, not even helping to allow a small smile to creep its way onto her face. When she recognized Derek's confused expression, she continued. "For training?"

Derek's expression shifted for the better once he realized what Lynn was going on about — and he grinned unconsciously while making eye contact with those ocean blue eyes of her.

"I'll see you tomorrow, little wolf."

———

"The look that says that the last thing you feel like doing right now is going to a party."

Lynn sighed as she rolled her blue eyes — she enjoyed parties, the amusing drunk kids, the extremely hot guys, and the pounding fun music she could swing her hips to. She just wasn't in a partying mood, per say, mostly because she had been so preoccupied with the fact her mind hadn't been able to escape Derek.