Prologue Part 1: Awakening

I spent 100,000 years of my life, trapped in my Cryptum a second time; Sealed away by my wife, who wanted to stop my madness. I was once the greatest military leader to exist, and now I have become a heartless monster.

But why did it start like this? I will tell you.

Humans eventually started crossing into our territory in the galaxy. They were almost as advanced as us. When our kind met with theirs, war began. The humans were violent and desperate.

But why was that? They were not expanding in their race; they were in fact.....running. Soon we learned this when we defeated them. They were running from the parasite that pursued them: The Flood.

Before the council, I proposed shield-worlds to combat the Flood but my idea was thrown aside by the Master Builder, who instead wanted us to create super weapons of last resort. I was put into exile, 1,000 years in a Cryptum. My wife arranged it. I woke after that time and began a new journey, imprinted on a Manipular, but then I was captured and stranded on a derelict ship.

Time went by, I escaped, fought the Flood, and I had gone mad. Mad as far as to change my own appearance, in hopes of gaining immunity. Those experiments failed, and soon I encountered the Gravemind. It  told me my shield-worlds would never stop the Flood. I had my sights set on this goal, and no one would stand in my way. So, I came up with a new plan, I turned to the Composer, and with it, I made my Prometheans into digital form, granting them immunity to the Flood.

But those numbers were not enough to stop the Flood. I soon composed an entire innocent human colony, to join my army. I would save all life in the galaxy, even with a cost this high.

But it was not long before my wife took notice. She entered my ship, imprisoned me in my Cryptum again, and took control of my Prometheans. Aya, it was a decision that cost her, for she betrayed me to save humanity from my actions, but she never realized that her actions, doomed humanity rather than saved them.

That was the last time I ever saw her, as I learned she perished on Earth after my copy fired the Halo Array. Only I remained deep within the Forerunner shield-world Requiem.

And now, the year is 2557. Even after eons of imprisonment again, I still have my strong desires to turn humanity into my own war machines.

I sensed the presence of a single human on my planet. Inside my Cryptum I lured him into a trap, by using my Cryptum as a satellite, so he assumed it was something to respond to a ship from his own kind.

Humans are so gullible, it all worked too well. I was free and escaped. It is not known if he survived the slipspace rupture, but the inner layer of Requiem collapsed. He surely has died.

I am free to once again, continue what I started. My wife is gone, no she is no longer my wife, and she cannot stop me this time. No one can stop me. I have lost all I cared about. I lost her, and I lost my children. I will never love again like I once loved her.

However, I found that humans can be rather interesting; aside from the hatred I have from them. I soon discovered a human frigate that crashed on Requiem. The ship that the human soldier was trying to communicate with. On board, all the humans were the same, except one. I began to watch her. She was trying to leave this ship. Her family treated her like a prisoner. Perhaps if she was my prisoner instead, she would be better off.

I made a choice, to capture her the moment the chance came, but overtime, she no longer was considered a prisoner to me. You can redeem yourself, and end the madness you started before it is too late. That is what she tried to do, and she became my new ally.

I was not able to break free of the manipulation on my own, until I realized I was faced with a situation, where I would have no one left. Not even her.

***

A/N: Hi! Welcome to my Halo 4 fanfiction centered around the Ur-Didact. I decided to write this since he is a character that deserves more development and attention. This fanfiction itself really isn't much, just my own version of the Halo 4 story if I was in Master Chief's place; not as a Spartan though. Anyway, I hope you enjoy! :)