~SEVEN~

^°^°^°^
"We are only as strong as we are United. As weak as we are divided."
                                   ~JK Rowling.

                          ¶BOLU¶

I opened my New School Physics textbook to the topic, Simple A.C Circuits.

Five minutes later, I was dozing and drooling.

Literally.

I jerked up at the sound of the bell signaling the end of the first free period. Great! So I wasted time doing nothing!

I sighed feeling sorry for myself and picked up the textbook again. Another five minutes later, I started to understand it but then the voice in my head came again;

It’s a lie, you don’t know anything in that physics.’

‘See how she’s just whining herself, shioor!’

‘You don’t know anything, you block head!’

That was it and I resisted the urge to cuss and slammed the textbook angrily. If I was going to fail physics anyway, why did I even bother trying?

“Hey, mama, have mercy on the book na,” I heard a very familiar male voice say and I looked up to see it was Ore Jumai, Head boy and my seat mate. I rolled my eyes.

Since we became seatmates, he never ceased to annoy me. It’s either he poked me during class, or he dragged a weave of my braided hair or something…sha, just to disturb me.

He was so stuck up and full of himself. Cocky about every little thing. He was currently leaning on the staircase railings like a model which he wasn’t, his eyebrows raised.

“Grandpa, have you lost your way or did you suddenly get transferred back to JSS1?” I said.

He smirked as if I just complimented him and walked down the stairs to sit beside me. “I should ask you the same, woman.”

I rolled my eyes again. “You were going somewhere, weren’t you? Keep going na.” I made a hand gesture towards the door that led out of the staircase and out of the junior block. 

He shrugged. “I changed my mind.”

“Why?”

“Because I saw you.”

I rolled my eyes again and went back; no, I tried to go back to reading. I said ‘tried’ ‘cause baba here took the book out of my hands and said:

“What are you reading sef?”  He raised his eyebrows, as he looked at my physics textbook. “And why is the textbook so neat?”

“Nina,” I voiced out remembering how she’d threatened me, saying she’d end our friendship if my textbook was rough. Oshi nonsense!

“Oh,” was all he said. “Are you grabbing what you’re reading like this bayii, in this noisy as hell of a block?”

“Yup,” I lied with a fake smile, shining my teeth too much.

“Eehen? Oya tell me what impedance is.” He gave me a quizzical look.

“See baba, I know you’re way smarter than me, you don’t have to show it. You’re the head boy after all,” I said avoiding the question because I clearly didn’t know what impedance was. I hadn’t even reached that part.

So there was something called impedance? What? What? Again, please who invented physics?

If it wasn’t Newton, who was already dead, then the person and I have serious scores to settle.