Prologue

"Presenting the royal family of the Chesta Empire," shouted Sir Ardin, advisor and younger brother to King Adryn. Cheers erupted as King Adryn descended the grand staircase followed by Queen Aviara, who was holding a beautiful baby girl in her arms.

"Meet your new princess." beamed Queen Aviara as she tossed her strawberry blond hair over her shoulders. "What's her name?" Asked someone from the crowd. King Adryn smiled proudly as he answered. "Her name is Faye Musal." 

The crowd swarmed around the staircase, pushing and shoving each other to get a better look at their new princess. "She's adorable." Sir Ardin remarked. "She really is." Called someone else from the crowd. After a while of passing around and admiring Princess Faye, the queen decided it was time to start the party.

"Well," called Queen Aviana, "Let the party begin."

Hours passed and the festivities began to draw to a close. 

All of a sudden, the lights turned off and gunshots sounded.

People screamed and tried to run towards the exit, but ended up pushing, shoving, and tripping over each other. When the lights finally turned back on, the crowd turned around and they were in shock.

Not only were the room and decorations in ruins, but the King was lying on the floor. Dead in a pool of his own blood. Queen Aviana simply stood there, dazed, her arms at her side, staring at the body of her dead husband.

It was only then, that everybody realized that Princess Faye was missing.