Flavors as Rich as Gold

There is a man named Luis who makes salsas and treats them with flavors as rich as gold. 

He comes from Nicaragua with a thrilling back story. His father and grandfather were both dictators and were assassinated when he was young. 

He will never go back. His mother, grandmother, siblings, and cousins moved to Spain to escape the terror. 

Later, he moved to Italy to go to culinary school and now created beautiful dishes with flavors from all of his countries. 

Salsas and treats and cakes and soups, spices made from the spicy Pequin. Spices that make my tongue sizzle. Flavors as rich as gold. 

Traditional recipes were passed down from his grandmother, Arcadia who used them in her own restaurant. 

Recipes passed down for generations. Flashbacks from there. A blend of flavors, a variety of cultures all in one dish. 

Flashbacks from his past. Biscotti, and chocolate cake, and red salsa made of rubies that make my taste buds dance. 

The tamales and lasagna and hummus and chili that is just bubbling with magic. 

Chips like the sun or your tortillas like warm blankets with powerful flavors as rich as gold.

This vignette is a true story about a family friend who is a chef. He grew up in Nicaragua but fled when his grandfather and father (who were both dictators) were assassinated.

Notice: All of the vignettes are my own. Do not copy nor plagiarise them.