Chapter 1 - Leaving

Since Josie has become the real her again, she's felt...different. Herself but also not. And although she's in her right mind again, she is not the same person she was before it all. There are these new huge feelings that came with this. Ones she simply couldn't ignore. Guilt - for all of the evil things she did. Shame - for having caused such pain and fear. And for what she did to Hope in her subconscious, even though she was finally out safely. It took a bit of searching, but they finally found a spell and had Lizzie perform it. When Hope's eyes opened, when she was brought back to the land of the living, Josie couldn't have been happier.

All of what she felt, was the reason she put her magic in the coin. She couldn't trust herself anymore. Scared that she could break again at any given moment. She was terrified that some dark magic was still hiding in the corner of her mind, waiting to pounce and take over. Putting her magic in a coin, was her way of protecting everyone until she felt ready. Or unless there was an absolute emergency at hand.

Putting her magic in a coin, although it was for the best, it made her feel like an outsider at school. She felt like she no longer belonged. In spell class, the teacher had been about to ask her to demonstrate, then gave her a sad glare when they remembered she couldn't. It had happened many times. She would hear the students laughing behind her in the class, and the moment she looked at them, their attitude would change completely. They would curl into themselves, try and look anywhere but at her. Josie knew why, of course. She would catch it in their eyes, or the way that they would flinch when she looked at them. Fear. They were scared. And everyone knew she was back to normal, that she was no longer sharing her mind with the darker part. That didn't erase their memories of what happened. All the drama and chaos were fresh for them and are still the reasons that many of them avoid her at all costs.

Josie couldn't blame them. She blamed herself. She sat back, allowing the magic to take over. All because she was scared of being strong, and thought that power meant evil. Hope showed her that it didn't - in fact, she was a visual representation of it. And Hope was the only one who looked at her, like really looked at her, the same way she had before everything. Like she was her friend, a human with feelings. If Josie looked deeper, she would realize that Hope still looked at her like she was her whole damn world.

The Gemini twin had given countless apologies already to more or less everyone she had hurt or threatened. So when she's walking down the hallway and spots Alyssa Chang - she prepares herself for one of her longer apologies. They have never been friends, but that doesn't mean Josie doesn't feel guilty. She murdered her for heaven's sake, and she needs to let Alyssa know how sorry she is. Though she has a feeling Alyssa won't accept her words so easily, not that she has to.

"Alyssa! Wait up! Please!" She calls after her, quickening her steps. Alyssa stops, then turns around.

With her usual sass, she responds. "Ughh. I don't have time for this. What do you want?" Some would be able to pinpoint the underlying tone of fear, the way that her voice shook when saying 'you'. Josie notices it and chooses not to bring it up. Knowing that the whole school is scared of her, well it hits her hard. Seeing it completely brakes her. It shatters her heart, day after day, and she's trying her best to pick up the pieces. She wants nothing more than to get back to the way things were, and she's willing to do anything to achieve that or get as close as possible.

Josie takes a second to catch her breath after chasing Alyssa. "I wanted to apologize. For what I did to you. I hurt you and I'm so incredibly sorry." Josie admits. She isn't going to beg to be forgiven, for Alyssa to accept her apology. She is, however, going to ask for it and work for it.

"By hurt, you mean murder. And it's going to take a lot more than that for me to move past what you did."

"I understand that. I just needed you to know how sorry I am." Alyssa looks at her nails, seeming like she's bored and not paying attention. Though she did hear Josie, loud and clear.