Chapter 1: Twinkle

Chapter 1

               Twinkle circles the rim of her cup when Toaster enters Starbucks. He is on his natural blue loosed sweater that causes him to lose some of his attractiveness, blue jeans that hugs the bulge of something she didn’t want to think about, and boots, though, she could give the black leather boots some credit, but all in all Toaster lacks the fashion sense and she didn’t like hanging out with his type. But….

               True to her nature she looks away and sips her Mocha Latte. Toaster is one of her many suitors and there is no reason to give him hope. No reason at all. She is not one of those women who collects suitors and boast them in public on how glamorous she is. She knows that for a fact. But then… Ironic as it is she likes the feeling of being adore, after all she needs to nourish her femininity. That is how she can help her female soul grows. So, she steals a glance and quickly averts it as Toaster caught her. Now it will just make the guy believe in false hope. She sighs and decides to transfer sit across, so her back is to him.

               She fiddles her Sony Xperia back and forth before glancing at her beautiful selfies and the hundred likes she gets with it. She is about to do another selfie when she feels the gazes of men, she will have smile except she is not the reason for their amusement. Her bestfriend Bell has just arrived, feeling like the Queen of England, at least in terms of attention. The Queen is old and her bestfriend is, well,, young.

               Bell stands at six foot with unbelievably long legs that are expose to every men to desire and every women to  envy, her blue short short, really short jeans wraps her voluptuous hips. That same gifts she uses everywhere she goes. She is a model of a few brands and ambassador for a few more. Bell gives Twinkle a peck in the cheek and takes the sit in the high chair. She gave everyone a smile that says everyone should settle down.

               “Peter gave me,, err..” she snaps her fingers, “Baked me a cupcake,, again.” She giggles.

               Twinkle rolls her eyes at her friend’s ecstatic energy. “Yeahh.” She only says.

               “I want to share this with you” she opens the box and Twinkle has to lick her lips at the mouthwatering colorful cupcakes in her sight. Every time Bell  brings a cupcake Twinkle drools in delight, she won’t tell that to Bell, though. The cupcakes are delicious and they are different each time Peter gives her one. “My best friend. I know you don’t have a boyfriend. Maybe by eating one you can imagine you have one.”

               Twinkle narrows her gaze, wondering how Bell becomes her friend, bestfriend. “Peter?” she returns the sarcasm.

               “Whoa! Hold right there, not that one..I know your fantasies of great boyfriend like the one I have. Sweet boyfriend and a chef!” she beams, enthusiastic before taking the pink cupcake and pushing the rest to Twinkle. “I know you envy me, having someone to hold my hand. Having someone to text me everyday, having someone to hug me, having someone to kiss me, having someone to support------“

               “Enough.” Twinkle interrupts. Every time a mood swing attacks her friend she is going high and nothing can stop her counting all the good things in her life. Twinkle will have think she is fantasizing but she is not. Peter, the dream boyfriend of any girl is real. He is the Josh Hutcherson coming to life. She only wish she can one, too. But Bell isn’t done yet.

               “Just saying you should drop the fantasies of having a foreign boyfriend. I know Filipinas and their fantasies to Americans.”