sleepy morning

( credits for the cover of the book and the one shot idea to morrisonmotel <3 ) 

you woke up in Dins arms, both his arms wrapped around your cold body, warming you with his. there was a cold wind tapping on the window but the grey curtains were closed tight to block out any sunlight.  din lifted his head off the soft pillow with a groan and blinked open his brown eyes. he smiled at the sight of his beautiful husband laying in his bed. din lifted up a soft hand and laid it on your cheek to slowly caress your delicate face,  remnants of short stubble scattered across your visage.

"din?" you groaned with a groggy voice not even bothering to open your eyes

"mhm" din pulled you in closer to his chest and ran a hand through your bedhead hair.

"what time is it?" you questioned burrowing your face deeper into his warm neck.

"6:42, go back to sleep doll" he hummed into your hair as he moved his hand from your head to rub your back soothingly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

you blinked open your eyes again after what felt like a few seconds and rolled over to glance at the clock. 8:27. you lifted up an arm to feel around the sheets for din but he wasn't there, just a indent in the mattress from where he had been earlier. just then din nudged open the door with his foot, a tray in his hands and a flourishing red rose in his mouth. the tray had two plates of seasoned potatoes, 2 chocolate chip pancakes and a black coffee for each of you. din placed the tray on the bedside table and planted a soft kiss on your forehead.

"good morning my love" he said as he plopped himself down next to you.

"good morning honey" you hummed as you placed your head on his shoulder, "what's all this for?"

"i just thought i would make you some breakfast, i woke up earlier than usual this morning and had nothing else to do" he pulled the tray off the table and slid it into your lap.

"thank you din this looks amazing" you picked up the forks and the cherry rose from the table and admired it lovingly. "din this rose is beautiful"

"just like you my darling, now eat up before it gets cold" he nudged you and grabbed his coffee of the tray, taking a long sip.

the pancakes and the potatoes were absolutely divine, he was such an amazing cook. sometimes you wondered how on earth he could cook so well because when you attempted you managed to burn everything you made, even the toast. after you had finished up you lightly placed the tray back on the side with the rose, then snuggled back into din.

"thank you din that was amazing, i love you sooooo much "  you smiled into his chest.

"of course, anything for you" he wrapped his big arms round you again, pulling you back into bed.

"now let's go back to sleep i'm tired"

"agreed"