IX

"Goodmorning everybody. We really have some nice weather today. Is the sky blue?", Kagaya smiled.

   "As usual, our members have gathered for the pillar meeting once every six months. I find this pleasurable.", He said.

   "We find it most honorable to be in your presence, Oyakata-sama.", Sanemi spoke softly earning him a deadpan by Tanjiro.

    "We pray for much happiness upon you.", Sanemi added.

   "Thank you, Sanemi.", Those were the last words Kiyomi heard before blacking out.

   'Can I tell him? I can trust Oyakata-sama, right? What if he tells them? I have to tell him! I'll tell him later... I hope he'll believe me...', Kiyomi panicked before she snapped out of it.

   "Hey demon! It's time to eat! Sink your teeth in this!", Sanemi slit his arm and let his blood drip inside Nezuko's box.

    "Shinazugawa, she can't go in the sun.", Iguro said.

   "Oyakata-sama, forgive my rudeness...", Sanemi suddenly went inside the shade and took off the wodden box' door.

   Nezuko slowly grew back in her original size, stood up, and drooled at the sight of blood.

   "Nezukooo!!!", Tanjiro shouted as he stood up, but he was stopped from running to Nezuko by none other than, Kiyomi. She stepped on Tanjiro's back as gently as possible, being careful that it would not hurt too much.

   "I'm sorry for this- cough* Tanjiro.. but- cough* I know Nezuko can do it and resist.", Kiyomi whispered weakly while she sat beside Tanjiro.

   'You almost got hurt by Iguro too.', she thought.

   Tanjiro listened and looked at his sister worriedly. Some of the hashiras looked at Kiyomi with slight surprise, but then went back to watching Sanemi.

   "Nezuko... You can do it, don't eat humans...", Kiyomi whispered in a very calm voice. Nezuko looked at her.

   "Hmmph!", Nezuko looked away from Sanemi, which shocked everyone.

   "What happened?", Kagaya asked.

   "The demon girl listened to Takahashi-san's words and turned the other way. Even though Shinazugawa-sama cut himself three times, she still held back and didn't bite him.", one of his daughters explained.

   "And that's proof that Nezuko will not attack humans right there.", Kagaya confirmed with a smile.

   Kiyomi sighed in relief. She managed to stop the serpent pillar from hurting Tanjiro and Nezuko from biting the wind pillar.

   "Defeat the twelve demon moons. If you do that, then everyone will acknowledge you and the gravity of your words will change, Tanjiro, Kiyomi.", he said. Kiyomi got all giddy as Tanjiro made a confident face.

   "I... Nezuko, Kiyomi, and I will defeat Kibutsuji Muzan! We will wield our swords and cut the chains of agony!", he swore.

   'Here it comes--', Kiyomi smirked.

   "You can't defeat him as you are now, Tanjiro, so first, try and defeat one of the twelve demon moons.", Kagaya smiled, which Tanjiro blushed at from embarrassment.

   "Yes, sir.", Tanjiro said, embarrassed.

   "Pfft-... Pfff-.. Pft!", Kiyomi did her best to hold her laugh and so did some of the pillars.

   "That is exactly why the pillars are to be respected and treated well. Tanjiro, you should also be careful about how you speak to them.", he gently scolded.