thirty one

chapter thirty one
"the puppy trio"

      "SHE DOESN'T LOOK VERY HAPPY, does she? Do you think she'll rip our heads off?"

      Lynn accusingly glanced over her shoulder with a sudden annoyance crossing her face, and slightly cringed up her nose in distaste over to Stiles — the one who had dropped the comment in the first place. It seemed like he had just actually whispering to Scott beside him, but of course with werwolf hearing, she easily heard the questions.

      "No, Stiles, I am not happy," Lynn said through gritted teeth, practically seething as she rubbed her temples with two index fingers. "And yes, I will rip your head off if you keep talking."

Currently, the puppy trio that consisted of Lynn, Scott, and Stiles were roaming the halls of school while heading to the library. Lynn had come up with the name for the trio of best friends because of course she and Scott were werewolves, and then decided that it would still count for Stiles due to the fact he looked like an adorable puppy — which made him blush for half and hour.

"What's made you such a sourwolf?" Stiles teased with Derek's usual nickname, but once he saw the threatening glare covering Lynn's face, he quickly shut up with the joking tone.

"Derek interrupted my beauty sleep for training," grumbled an annoyed Lynn as she crossed her arms over her chest, recalling the countless times she crashed on her ass during the two hours of training this morning at six am. "Why are we heading to the library anyway?"

"I'm showing Derek the bruises on Allison and Lydia's arms."

Lynn bobbed her head up and down while her mind wandered to last night at the party — after she disappeared from Brendon's room to go back down to the party, but instead of finding her boys, she found the girls instead. She had to admit, the bruises on their wrists did seem a bit odd, but she couldn't see anything herself, so Lynn wasn't sure what Scott was expecting from Derek.

And before she knew it, she had already been walking into the library behind Scott and Stiles, finding that both Lydia and Allison were already here. Then, she spotted Derek hiding away in a nearby corner, and their eyes met for a moment. Even though he had completely and utterly worn her out from the working out this morning, she still couldn't help but smile when she saw him.

"So, why exactly am I here?" Derek questioned with a bit of annoyance laced in his thick, attractive voice, and then his eyes landed over towards Lynn, as if he was expecting the answer from her and sorely her. When she didn't speak up, he pointed a slender finger towards the two two standing in the middle of the room. "I don't see anything."