☆𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠☆

☆in the past☆

"OOOH a pretty red one!" i say to myself while picking up the seashell i found, it was part of my daily routine. Someone who loves to scavenge things is the best way to describe my motives. All the shiny and colorful fruits and treasures you could think of i was after, but with my lack of combat experience it was a bit hard trying to find someone around stormbearer point willing to trust a person who childishly collects useless things all day. 

its honestly pretty boring living up here, sure ill see a hilichurl once in a while, but thats nothing compared to looking out at the sea from starsnacth cliff, dreaming of whatever could be on that mysterious island. Maybe i was destined to dream, i mean life isn't bothersome either so i guess you could say i'm lucky! 

"y/n! its time to come back up!!" i turned to hear the worn voice of my father call from atop the hill. 

"coming!!" i yell back.

☆ ☆ ☆

with a grateful sigh, realise the bag i was holding and let the shells and crab drop out. My father smiled brightly at the haul and began putting them up in our tent. 

"so, how does it look?" he asked me

"ITS AWESOME!!" i yelled happily, a grin plastered to my face with ease. For the past 5 years me and my dad have been collecting things instead of actual jobs, since we lived far away from mondstant we didn't need to pay taxes, and because of the hilichurls not taking interest in fighting us we were safe here. 

but today was a very important day for our collection, you see today had been my 10th birthday and my father told me we could go to mondstadt as a trip since i had never been. 

later that night i had put some shells in my travelling sack, just in case i meet any cool people i want to show my collection too. 

"well happy birthday y/n! tomorrow might be a life changing day for you !" my father said as he blew out the candle.

☆ ☆ ☆

.......

"DAD ITS MORNING!!!" I yelled loudly while bumbling in and around the tent. My father tiredly awoke and calmed me down to not wake any thing else. we both sat outside and had meat skewers on the little stove he had set up. after enjoying food i put on my shoes, grabbed my bag and started heading down the cliff. 

after 1 hour of walking we reached starfell lake.

"DAD!DAD! i can see the monstandt castle from here!!!" i yelled while pointing to the big grey architecture that was ahead of us. we both walked for a little more, until we stood in front of the bridge. i could not hold my excitement in much longer, and without stopping charged right through, causing pigeons to fly away and a father and his baby boy mildly upset. 

"modstant! here i come!!!" 

☆ ☆ ☆

after a few minutes of taking in the city's beauty i realized my dad wasn't behind me, i was lost. i tried looking for him through the crowds of people but my unexpectedness caused people to just look away and leave. I made my way over to what was called the "adventurers guild" and asked for help there. 

"you need help finding your dad?" said the black haired lady, i nodded. while i stood behind the tall desk she seemed to try contacting anyone who might be of help. 

"well i think the best option for you is. to stay put i cant seem to find any information in the monstadt database so well just hope he comes here okay?" she spoke kindly down to me.

..................

"to make it more fun since it must have taken a lot of courage to look for him, heres a empty adventure handbook, you can write about any of the cool thing you see throughout this world and maybe one day if you ever comeback you can go on a real quest!" she said nicely to me.

"okay!" i replied and took the book from her.

☆ ☆ ☆

it had been about an hour and a half, i silently sat on the water fountain hoping my dad would come find me. 

"hey you" someone called out to me. i turned thinking it might be someone who knew the whereabouts of my father, but i was slightly disappointed to meet two faces, one with blue hair covering half his face and the other a long red haired boy holding a book. 

"who are you?" i asked confused as to what they would want me for.

" i kaeya alberich have found a fair maiden in need of help from the amzing knight, KAEYA!!" the blue haired one yelled loudly, causing some people to look.

" oh im looking for my dad do you know where he might be?" i asked back hoping that he was a real knight trying to help me. 

the red haired boy spoke up " sorry about him! he gets carried away sometimes, im diluc ragnvinder! and hes my step brother kaeya!" the cute red eyed boy spoke while smiling. they both seemed to be in need of a quest and i was in need of an adventure too so i decided to let them join me. 

"thank you so much you both will be excellent knights to help me find my father, where should we look first?" 

☆ ☆ ☆

us three had been playing around mondstant all day long, we all even forgot what we were doing in the first place as kaeya had the elaborate idea to hunt a dragon, when we ended up with a lizard instead. while sitting on the bridge to mondstant i saw a familiar figure walking my way. 

"DAD!!" i yelled while running towards him, i hugged him out of happyness and was so happy i found him again. 

"where were you dad?" i asked partially upset that he had me worried, he explained how he was stopped at the front and once he got in looked around for me, i apologized and told him about the two boys i had met. 

"wait before we go i have to do something" i said while running back to the bridge where kaeya and diluc sat. 

"i might never see you too again since i live on stormbearer peak, so i wanted you both to have something to remember me, i pulled out some seashells. including that miraculous red one i found the day before. My adventure book slipped out and kaeya picked it up.

"hey whats your name ? i have an idea" he said to me.

"oh right im y/n !, what reason?" i asked politely.

kaeya took a pen out of his bag and started writing something inside the journal, then he passed it to diluc, i stared at them confused but didn't mind. 

"sorry if it ruined your book but my step brother had quite i good idea, we signed your book so you don't forget us either!" diluc said while happily handing over my book. in a trade sense i handed each of them a sea shell, blue for kaeya and red for diluc. i saw my dad walking ahead of us and instantly ran towards him while waving and saying goodbye.

"i promise i wont forget you!!!"  i yelled until i couldn't see them anymore.

☆ ☆ ☆ 

we got home late that night, i pulled off my boots and emptied my bag, 'what did they write?' i thought to myself while eagerly opening the book 

'dear fair lady y/n i kaeya the amazing knight would like to say that i enjoyed spending time with you, your pretty cute as well!" - kaeya

'i don't really know how to write these things but you really made me happy today, i hope we meet again in the future!'-diluc 

i smiled and closed the book on my head, dozing off to excitement for the future.

☆ ☆ ☆

(a/n) thanks so much for reading the first chapter ! it took a while so there may be some mistake s but im proud of it :D!