𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐢𝐳𝐞

in which blue and green fall apart

ˑ༄ؘ

A KISS, SOMETHING MOST TEENAGERS long to experience. For the sacred moment when lips meet is often described as true loves kiss, within fairy tales. The action depicted as though it unites two souls through the spirit- the passion that is true love. Though in reality a kiss is nothing more than a kiss, the magic in the act having withered away as kisses became little more than than the connection of lips. For in the real world they weren't exchanged by a prince or princess before riding off into the sunset. No. They were exchanged between intoxicated lips behind a bar, desperate lips in a broom closet, clandestine lips in the back of a classroom. The magic having faded, but beauty remaining for there is always beauty in the sweet union of lips. Whether it's a passionate kiss between lovers at sunset, or a meaningless peck at dawn, there is beauty.

A kiss.

Beauty.

Magic.

Unification.

Harry had kissed Diana, and now they haven't spoken for two weeks.

two weeks prior
Diana broke the kiss, after what could have been months, hours, seconds, she didn't know for the moment her lips met Harry's time stopped. She looked up at the boy biting back a grin, her cheeks a vibrant pink. Harry opened his mouth as if to say something, only to be pulled away by a pushy Rita Skeeter, desperate for an interview.

Diana tried numerous amounts of times to catch Harry's eye during mealtimes, or between classes. Though the green eyes boy seemed adamant on ignoring her. Wether it be refusing to let his eyes wander to the Ravenclaw table where he knew she sat, her eyes burning a hole into his back, or purposely ignoring Diana when she called his name in corridors between classes, it was clear Harry was set on ignoring the girl.

Diana was hurt, angry, confused, and more alone than ever. With Skye often busy with a certain George Weasley, Gabrielle spending her free time with her newest infatuation Jacque, and Fleur drowning herself in her studies as she juggled her seventh year, and discovering the clue for the second task. Diana found herself more often than not, alone. Spending her time in sunlit corners of the library, or wandering the schools grounds. This went on for about a week, until a certain Bulgarian, Ben noticed her predicament, and began joining her in the library, sitting with her at meal times, and accompanying her on strolls along the castle grounds.

Diana found solace in the boys company, his presence bringing an aura of peace, something she found refreshing after spending weeks with Harry.

Harry.

Diana missed the boy more than she cared to admit. She missed the way he would 'accidentally' brush his hand against hers. She missed the way he would throw her over his shoulder, threatening to throw her in the black lake when she told him he looked like a Daniel, something he found incredibly insulting, for reasons she didn't understand. She missed the way he would wait for her outside the Beauxbatons carriage at the end of the day, so the two could do homework together in their favorite corner of the library. Heck, Diana just missed him.

But it was clear to her that he didn't miss her, (oh if only she knew how wrong she was!) for the boy continued to ignore her existence.

Harry's behavior continued to go on for another couple of days, until Diana finally cornered him one afternoon at the library.

"Harry, we need to talk." Diana slid into the empty seat across from the boy, raising her brow, as she watched Harry franticly look around for some form of escape, before evidently realizing there was no getting out of this conversation.

"Erm, do we?" Harry internally beat himself up for his words, realizing the way they must have sounded.

"We do." Diana huffed, a hurt look flashing across her face for a brief moment, before sitting up straighter in her seat, "You kissed me."

Harry sighed, knowing this was coming "Look Diana, I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have just kissed you like that, it was a heat in the moment kinda thing,
No it wasn't
and it wasn't fair to you. I'm really sorry."
No i'm not, I'd kiss you again if you'd let me.

Diana felt her heart deflate, blinking back the tears that threatened to escape.
It shouldn't hurt this much, he's just a boy. Just a stupid boy.
"Of course, I get it, completely understand!" She forced a smile.
No, it's not fine. I don't understand. What did I do? I really thought you liked me, is there something wrong with me?

"Brilliant," Harry gave Diana a smile that didn't quite meet his eyes.
It's not.
"and I'm sorry for ignoring you Ana, I just didn't know if you were angry or not so I didn't want to approach you."
Lie.

"It's alright Harry really,"
It's not. I missed you. You hurt me.

"Friends again?" Harry stuck out a hand towards Diana.
I don't want to be your friend. Friends don't look at each other the way we do.

"Harry we never stopped!" Diana forced a laugh, shaking his hand.
I wish we did. I wish we were more.

authors note!just a short lil filler chapter because school is kicking my ass right now lol

authors note!
just a short lil filler chapter because school is kicking my ass right now lol. also poor diana this chapter hurt but i promise everything will make more sense eventually! also thank you all so much for 6k i love you all and it means the world to me!

-H