Chapter 1- her great escape from hell

Elena had never really thought of herself as beautiful. Although she was far more than just beautiful,she was angelic. Her silk brown locks brushing the olive skin on her back, her deep brown eyes framed by full lashes hypnotising the very few she let see them for what they were. Its a shame she can't see and appreciate her beauty the way others do.
——
She had been living with her uncle john for almost 4 years now and it was dreadful but she didn't have any other choice, after her parents died she didn't have anywhere els to go. John was rarely violent but the emotional and mental abuse was enough as it is, Elena tried to stay on the bright side of things and focus on the fact she was only under his control until her 18th birthday which was in 2 months. Thank god. He always expected her to clean up the house and cook put dinner on the table for him, it really made her wonder who is looking after who here. Regardless she quickly learnt not to disagree with johns way of "looking after her" as those rare moments of violence came out.
———
It was the 4th anniversary of her parents death and Elena was in pieces. She didn't move from her bed all day without realising it, 9am quickly turned to 5pm and john was due home from work any minute. Then it hit her, she hasn't made anything for dinner and she hadn't hoovered the upstairs like he had asked. As she was having her moment of realisation she geared the door unlock and her heart dropped to the floor. Deciding to stay in her room she waited for him to realise and come to her, she was so lost in thought and panic she didn't hear him come up the stairs and was shocked when her bedroom door came crashing open. He gripped her hair and in a demanding yet quiet tone "what have you been doing all day" to which Elena stayed silent "I asked you a question" john said getting a little louder know. "What have you been doing all day" he repeated. "i'm sorry" she gulped "it's just the anniversary of my parents and i guess i got lost in thought-" she began to cry but before she could finish she left a hard cold hand against her cheek leaving a sting. Then it came again. And again. Suddenly she was on the floor and after a hard kick of a boot in the back of the head everything went black. She could still feel the pain she was in even thought she could not see or hear she left like her body was giving up on her. In times like these she often felt like her body giving up would be the best option. Put an end to her endless pain.
——-
Waking up on the floor Elena began remembering the events that had occurred before she blacked out, she knew john wouldn't be home, he never was for a few days after is outbursts he was probably drinking himself away at the grill. She looked over at the clock and it was 5am she had 3 hours until school started. Realising the pain she was in she began to cry. She only had two months left till freedom and started to think of us she could get away with running and hiding for 2 month until she was completely independent. She had this thought often but the now her birthday was so close it actually felt like an option. She did not hesitate for another second. Took some painkillers and covered the bruise that had formed on her face with makeup and out the pills and makeup in her bag, she added some other essentials deodorant,charger,toothbrush etc and her mothers earrings that she had kept after the accident. She got dressed in some black sweat pants and a white tank top, stole $150 from the cabinet and took off on her great escape from hell. Her biggest problem was that she can't drive so she would be walking until her legs gave out.