| Part 1 | Ch 5: Charming The Devil

Chapter 05 | Charming The Devil |

Atticus P.O.V

The woman I had spoken to earlier is no longer the same one standing in front of me.

My T-shirt, of which I had expected to be worn by her, was hanging loosely above her knees. If Mr.libone hadn't rushed out so quickly with her luggage in his car, I wouldn't be feeling goosebumps from her figure right now.

Truly, I left her alone, away from me. A man's temptations are greater than his logic, but not when money was on the line.

Sitting here and nearly downing a whole 12 beer pack. 3 reasons yelled at me one after the other. One, I got married. This is enough reason to jump off a cliff. Two, I need to figure out a way to put the company in my hands to get divorced. Three, Why the hell was Savannah flirting with Trevor?

It's embarrassing to watch my so-called wife get close to other men. It's disrespectful. Oh yeah, let's add one more to the list of reasons to go blackout drunk-- The urge to run my fingers along her soft bronze skin, and do more than what she desires.

And just as soon as I decide to take myself to sleep, the devil enters with a smirk. I roll my eyes and take another sip of alcohol.

She walks towards me, her eyes flicker to the beer in my hand. I scoff, challenging her to come forth and take it away.

"See something you like?" I whisper. The silenced tension between us was killing me. She leans in, wrapping her fingers around the neck of the can. Not breaking our stars, she slightly tilts her head back, devouring the nasty liquid.

She then places her bum on the stool next to me, as if she didn't just damn near finish a full can, she places her face in her palm before finally speaking up. " I did. Now it's done."

"Want more?" I mirror her expression and place my chin in my palm. "Do I want more?" she repeats.

"Mhhm" I hum back. Her glowing eyes spoke to me. Drunk or not, neither of us hid the fact that we liked to stare at one another.

Before she could answer, I reached inside the pack and set a new one in front of me. Her jaw clenches before attempting to get it.

"Your such an idiot, give it to mee" she slurs out. I stand up with the last can in my right hand. She follows off the seat but stumbles to get the can. I held it high above my head where she couldn't reach it.

I watch her as she tries to balance her weight on her toes to the liquid above me. She is so close that our bodies nearly touch.

"Atticuuus..." she whines. Her eyes land on my lips. With an automatic reaction, I Lick them, inching closer to her frame.

"Atticuuus..." I mimic her voice is tiny. Sav looks down and laughs, snorting after every breath she took. God. Hearing her laugh sparked the light in me.

"Here, you're such a baby." she huffs back to her seat, ignoring the little moment we had. I extend the beer to her and she gladly accepts my offer.

"I'm 23." she pouts, sipping slowly. Noticing her leg shake uncontrollably, the liquor kicked in her quicker than expected.

"And your... like..." she begins again, licking the side of her lips, I lay my head against the marble counter.

"I'm--"

"wait, wait wait... Let me guess" cutting me off, I sigh out. It feels as if time slowed down for a minute. My head throbs, and I'm in a very comfortable position enough to sleep.

"30???" she scrunches her nose when I shake my head. "27" I mumble out. She imitates me, resting her head across from mine.

The tension is crazy, at least from the way I see things. I take in her beauty, her breaths are short and slow, I can see her fade away... "Sav-" I hum out.

"Sav.." I say a little louder. With no response, I take that as a sign to bring her back to her room to snooze off.

I do my best to carry her bridal style, my legs feel numb and my right foot is asleep and I don't even know why.

Heading out the guest room of which she lays in, I make my way out in misery. Couldn't help but feel like I'm weighed down an extra 10 pounds from the pain I have caused her. She didn't deserve this, she had so much going on for her, but sadly I didn't even have a choice in this marriage either.

Love isn't supposed to be that way. Love isn't' forced, not like this or any other way. A magical indescribable feeling is what it should be. But a mess has been created from our fathers and left the clutter for us to clean.

My past ex of 5 years cheated on me with one of my co-workers, you would think that years would be enough to prove myself and stay committed and loyal to someone else. I'm afraid that they would throw it all away for another person.

From that day on, I vowed to build a wall against whoever gets close to me. But the alcohol has made me realize opening up might not be such a bad idea.

Landing on the sheets of mine, I doze off, hoping that my dreams last longer than reality.

***❤***

The sun burns my eyelids, as I try to wake to another torturous day. It's 8:30 and who knew 6 hours would be enough to fuel me.

I debate for another 5 minutes or maybe ten or maybe I should just stare at the ceiling and wander off to a million things at once. A faint memory of her challenging face crosses my mind in split second making me smile, I stare at my reflection in horror right beside my bed, rubbing my face with my palms to erase her away from my mind, Nothing seems to work since the day she left a mark on my face.

Finally, I manage to slip out and smoothly go into the shower. A cold one is what I need. To feel awake and powered and ready for the day. Sweats would do, I'm pretty sure I could be shirtless in my own home but not wanting to startle her I change into long sleeve black t-shirt and grey joggers. Once I'm done with that, I figured I would go and check on Savannah to see how she is doing.

Her side is empty and unclaimed. What greeted me other than her hollow room was her luggage. Vacated out with her clothes all over the place.

An aroma sprung its way to my nostrils making my tummy respond with a growl in hunger, My hands cover my stomach as if it could stop the noise, the effects you get if you haven't eaten since last night. My maid, which comes 2 times a week-- had her day off today. I sniff my way into the kitchen to be approached by none other than my wife.

Her white tank top stopped right above her red shorts, her curly black hair is put into a messy bun. It's weird to see somebody other than me in the kitchen cooking for myself. Ever since my Ex, Bailey left me in the dark. I learned how to do everything a man should without the assistance of a woman.

Bailey, Trevor, and I were childhood friends, and as time passed I found myself leaning towards Bailey and her affection. We dated for 5 years and you would assume that a relationship with the love given would last an eternity.

Now savannah's here and it felt as if being stone-cold was a misunderstanding for me. Her legs are bare, could've been around my waist by now, if we had only gotten along.

Small steps toward her, I'm careful and trying to keep a straight, poker face. But I can't help but smile at the sight that I had wished to see for such a long time.

 ***❤***