24. Secrets and Lies

Alexa took her phone out and tried to connect it to the car's speaker. She groaned in frustration when Nate switched it off instead. "Ughh... Why don't you let me?"

"Because this is not a road trip. We'll reach there in half an hour." said Nate, whose eyes were on the road.

"Hey look -" Ariana popped her head out from backseat and showed Alexa her phone. 

They both giggled, looking at the screen.

"What?" Nate shifted his attention towards them. 

Ariana returned to her seat while Alexa continued giggling. 

"What is it?" He asked again. When there came no answer, he scoffed. "Whatever! Something lame probably." 

After half an hour of silence, they reached the Windsor Manor. 

"Wow!" Alexa looked around like a kid in an amusement park as they passed through a fountain. 

Meanwhile Ariana looked unimpressed. Not that she didn't think it was nice, but since she grew up in a castle, these type of infrastructure didn't amaze her. The type of building which stunned her the first time she saw them in human world was skyscraper. She almost had her neck snapped when she tried to see one from its bottom to its top.

Nate had been their several times already. He drove his car towards the parking lot and turned off its engine. He was about to open the door when Alexa grabbed his arm. "You sure they won't mind? I mean... I wasn't even invited."

"Oh come on... It isn't a big deal." Nate assured her as he got out of the car. He ran quickly and opened the door for Ariana.  

"Nowadays Madam is accustomed to someone opening doors for her and pulling chairs out to sit, isn't she?" Nate smirked. 

Ariana blushed remembering every time Sean had done the things mentioned by Nate for her. "Shut up!" She whispered. 

Nate guided them inside the living room where Mr. and Mrs. Windsor welcomed them. Vanity Windsor motioned them to take a seat and ordered a staff to bring them glasses of water. 

Nate lifted his eyes to see her seated on the sofa opposite to him. He furrowed his brow in confusion when he saw her staring at Ariana continuously with a strange look in her eyes. She must have felt his eyes on her as she broke her gaze and turned towards him. He lifted his glass of water with a smile on his face. She smiled too.

"You must be one of Sean's classmate as well?" asked Mr. Windsor to Alexa.

"Yes, sir." She replied nervously.

"Why don't you kids go to his room and make him known of your arrival?" Mr. Windsor suggested.

"You haven't told him?" asked Nate.

"It slipped my mind."

Three of them stood up from their seat while Mr. and Mrs. Windsor started discussing their own matters. They were walking towards Sean's room with Alexa admiring every portraits and vases along the way. "Okay. I knew that guy comes from a nice family but I didn't know his family was this rich."

Ariana shrugged her shoulders while Nate didn't respond.

"Not that it would be a big deal for you guys. You two seem filthy rich as well." Alexa continued.

Although Ariana and Nate, unlike their respective siblings, weren't the kind to flaunt their wealth but their lifestyle and mannerism gave away their status without them trying. They were well aware of that. However, they didn't know how to respond to Alexa's comments. So, they kept their mouth shut.