Interlude

Humans have always been curious and had a great mind, filled with fantasies but too blind to face what's real.

Because the reality isn't what their egoistical minds thought it was. The world was never meant for them to destroy.

They made their own reality. Created things that caused mass destruction.

Made animals go extinct, and were causing the human species to go extinct as well. The air was difficult to breathe.

The water had a darker color. Filled with oils, plastic.

And that was the exact reason, why the Immortals stayed hidden.

The mysterious creatures were smart and discovered humans thousands of years ago. But, they had eyes too.

And they watched. Observed. Noted. Everything that the humans did.

They witnessed the humans using others as slaves, abuse, death. The humans weren't peaceful.

If they ever showed their face again, the humans would capture them. Tear them apart. Look into them or see them as a threat.

So, they stayed hidden until the humans forgot about their existence, and kept it that way. They made sure to hide the portal that'd ever lead a human into their world, buried deep, deep into the grounds of the Earth where no human ever bothered to explore.

Even though the Immortals looked a lot like the humans, having been created in the same image as them, the disgust they felt toward the species never decreased.

And it would always stay that way. 

Thank you so much for reading this story! 

I hope you'll enjoy it, even though this book is more about the supernatural, it'll still have romance and spicy scenes! 

I gotchu, don't worry. 

I'm pretty new to this, writing about things that don't exist is pretty scary but I'll try my best. 

Thank you once again for reading