First Period

No warnings here, just Missy getting her first period. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as you got Marcus's phone call you rushed over to his place. He was very vague to you on the phone. He told you that he just picked up Missy from school because she wasn't feeling well. You had no idea what was going on but he said he needed you there. Missy needed you there...

You dropped anything at that point and drove your way up to his house.

You had to make sure she was fine. You were the only adult that Missy opened up to ever since she hit puberty. She's been very private. You were the only adult that she told the most to about her life, more than she did with her own dad.

You and Marcus started dating a couple of years back. You approached Missy as if she were your friend. You didn't want Missy to see you as her new mom, it just didn't feel right.

She took a liking to you instantly. You were her friend. You supported her when Marcus didn't or when others didn't. She needed that. You did give off parent vibes, in a positive way.

Missy one time joked about it once, when you picked her up from her training. Marcus was working late and he asked you to do it. You made sure she had eaten and done her homework before Marcus got home. Homework didn't seem so bad when you helped her out. That's when Missy told you that she thought you would made a good mom. That if you and Marcus ever decided to get a kid, she wouldn't mind and be a proud sister. It warmed your heart to hear her be so supportive of your lives together. It was so sweet. She brought it in the funniest way possible, like Missy could.

"I think we figured out your superpower. Your superpower is making boring activities fun."

She looked at you smiling It made you chuckle.

"That's why I think you would make a good mom."

You almost choked on your drink. You pointed at yourself in surprise.

"Yeah, I think you would. If you and my dad ever think about having a baby I wouldn't mind. I would like that"

You had no idea what you were supposed to say. You were so stunned.

"That's a nice thing to say, Missy." Just that moment Marcus entered the house and the conversation stopped. It was just you and Missy smiling welcoming her father and your boyfriend home.

You knocked on the door. Marcus rushed over to let you in.

"Hey, is everything alright? What's going on?"

Marcus looked quite uncomfortable and concerned. He scratched the back of his head and closed the door behind you as entered.

"Well....."

You entered the kitchen and saw what was lying on the kitchen table. You couldn't help but laugh.

"Soooo, Missy got her first period."

The kitchen table was filled with tampons, pads of different brands and in different volumes with a couple of other products. Including a hot water bottle and lots of chocolate, which even you couldn't resist. You made your way over to the chocolate bars and tried to unnoticeably stick one of them in your pocket.

"Yeah, I went over to the drug store when she was in the shower. I had no idea what I had to buy so I just bought anything I could see"

You really couldn't stop laughing. This was the most adorable thing you had ever seen. He really was just trying his best. He only didn't know how to handle this.