Chapter 1

(A/N: Being edited. Beware of grammatical mistakes)

 Beware of grammatical mistakes)

Yoo Jonghyuk.

Hailed as a genius in academics and was known for being a prodigy in sports. He would be the center of attention everywhere he would go. Blessed with exceptionally good looks that were sculpted by the gods themselves and a well-built muscular figure that many people were envious of.

He was looked up to by many people around him. His friends, family, everyone in school and...

Me.

Yoo Jonghyuk was a person who someone like myself could and would never be compared to.

A man that had everything anyone could ever ask for. Money, attitude, smarts...you name it.

People would flock towards him whenever they would see him as if he was a magnet. Although I would have done the same and follow him around as well, I was not able to muster up the courage to even talk to him.

I was afraid he would just ignore me. Because after all, I was a nobody. I was invisible, my grades were mediocre, my athletic abilities were below average, and my looks weren't comparable to him at all.

So I could only resort to watching him from afar. Like a fanboy cheering for his favorite idol from the audience.

I'd go out of my way to take long detours just so I could catch a longer glimpse of him.

You could say I'm obsessed.

But I wasn't always like this. The first time I set my eyes on him still burns freshly in my memory.

His handsome face was the first thing that came into view as I passed through the school hallways. His cold eyes pierced through my soul as he walked by. But something was weird, I felt like I've seen him somewhere before. I was curious.

Ever since then, I've been watching him. Sneakily taking glances at him during gym class. Intentionally passing by his classroom just to sneak a peek of him.

It slowly became a habit of mine. Seeing his face everyday became an addiction. This lasted for a while, a few weeks of me, admiring him from a distance.

But then it all changed. Everything changed.

He changed.

It was a bit after I finished my club activities, I was taking the stairs down from the room, slowly walking and taking my time, hoping I could catch a glimpse of him after his basketball practice sessions.

My heart would pound just from seeing his well-defined abs through his wet, see-through shirt. Stupid right? I joined just to justify my habit of following him around.

I hopefully cross my fingers as I walked by the gym but I was disappointed after not seeing him there. I then decide to just go straight home instead.