prologue

"POLICE! OPEN THE DOOR" Multiple loud knocks echoed throughout the house. Ejirou sat in his room and sighed. He sat down his phone and hopped off his bed. Placing his ear to the door he could hear his father yelling at his mother about something he couldn't quite make out. Another two clicks were heard. One, he assumed was his mother turning off the stove and the other seemed to be his father opening the front door.

  More loud voices filled the room making it hard to decern exactly what each of them were saying. He could hear his mothers sobs and his fathers pleas of innocence. He rolled his eyes, placing his hand on the door. "You're finally facing the consequences, Yoichi." The dark haired boy mumbled to himself. He never did like his father, not after he'd seen how he treated his mother.

  Footsteps began getting louder as someone approached his door. He backed up a bit, a lump rising in his throat. What if his father had fought of the police and was coming for him. What if the police wanted to arrest him too. He stood, frozen, as the door swung open.

  Much to his relief, standing in the door way, was a kind looking police officer with messy blonde hair. He smiled and stuck his hand towards Eijirou. "Hey kid, you alright?" He asked, cooking his head to the side.

  The small boy took a deep breath, realizing he'd actually have to answer "yeah im fine..." he mumbled barely loud enough for the man to hear. The blonde man took a few step forward and put his hands on Eijirou's shoulders.

  "I'm sorry about your dad kid, but he was a bad man." He looked sincere.

  "I know... I never really liked him anyways." This got a laugh out of the taller man.

  "Well, we're going to have to take you in for questioning. And uh... Im Keigo Takami" He explained, guiding Eiji out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helping his sobbing mother into their house, The tired boy unlocks the door and steps in. So many thoughts raced through his head, one standing out among the rest, what were they going to do? His dad made all the money through his drug business so they wouldn't be able to keep living in their apartment. Not that he really minded that part, he hated this place. His dad had made them move her because it had "better business opportunities" but look where that got them.

  As they sat down on the couch his mother grabbed his hand and looked into his eyes, mustering as much of a smile as she could. "It'll be alright Eiji..." She assured

  He just stared at her, thoughts still rushing through his head. He was drowning in them, everything was blury and it felt like he couldn't breath. Before he could think he had slapped his mothers hands off of him and sprung to his feet. "No mom! I dont think it will be! I don't think any of this is okay in anyway! Maybe if you had just manned up and left him when all this started we wouldn't be here. Why did you do this to me?!"

  She stared at him, completely taken aback. "Are you really pinning this on me Eijirou?! I did what I thought was the best for both of us!"

  His jaw clenched as he bit his tongue, tears swelling in his eyes "Well clearly you were wrong" he mumbled as he turned towards his bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  This house never held good memories, yet still I feel sad leaving it behind. Its as if I'm leaving a peice of my life and soul here. Mom talked told Mrs. Kaminari about our situation and she offered to help. We're going to live their for a while until we can get back on our feet again and I'm sharing a room with Denki.

  It was slightly comforting to know that I wouldn't be completely restarting. I knew alot of people there from middle school. But in other ways, it would be a fresh start because Yueii is a combination of two different middle schools from our area. So I get to keep my old friends and make new ones too!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

What could go wrong?