II

"Conference room. Now."

"No." You stated

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me Aaron. No."

"Y/n if you don't listen to me you will be suspended."

"Suspended Hotch? Really? Suspended for what? Not wanting to come into a conference room with my ass hat boss?"

"No for disobeying my orders. I am your superior    y/n you will listen to me."

"You're full of shit you know that right? Full. Of. Shit." You say walking into the conference room

Hotch closes the door behind you "Listen Y/l/n, I don't know what your problem is, not only today, but since you've stepped foot into my unit, but you need to get over yourself. You're being ridiculous."

"My problem? You can't be serious. I didn't have a problem until you started acting like this. You've been nothing but a prick to me since I've joined this team. Embarrassing me in front of the rest of the team, doubting me in front of them but then telling me I'm good at my job in private, what is this? You can't blame everything on Haley dying, so I ask you this Aaron, what is your problem."

Hotch stood there staring at you, silent.

"Can I go solve this damn case now?"

"Yes."

And with that, you began walking back to the rest of the team.

Derek turned around "What was that about?"

"I genuinely don't know. This whole thing today started because I told him to look at cows."

He gave you a look of confusion

"Yeah I don't understand it either. But we've got bigger things to worry about; like solving this case. So have you guys found anything else?"

"Yeah" JJ joins in "The M.E called back and told us the drill bit was a woodboring. So we have Garcia looking for carpenters, contractors and renovators around the area."

"All 3 of those jobs? We need to lower it down. There will be too many people to choose from." You replied

"We've also lowered it down to a white man in his late 40's early 50's. So it should be a bit easier" Derek spoke.

"Why is he doing it though? Who wakes up one day and decided to kill someone with a drill of all things?" You asked

"We haven't figured it out yet. But we will." Emily replied.

"We've found another connection. All the victims parents are doctors."

"We need to deliver the profile." Reid spoke

You turned around to walk out into the lobby and Hotch grabbed your arm "Listen y/n-"

"No" you cut him off. "We're about to deliver the profile, whatever you have to say can wait." You said walking off

"We're ready you guys. If you all could come gather over here" Derek shouted getting the officers attention.

"Alright, the unsub we're looking for is a white man in his late 40's to early 50's, he's most likely a contractor or carpenter. We aren't sure why he is doing it, but we know it could have something to do with losing a child." JJ spoke

"Uh statistically people who lose children have a 70% higher chance to kill brutally than people who haven't lost a child. And since the victims are younger, we can make that conclusion." Spencer joined in

"Thank you for your time. We'll let you know if we find out anything else." Hotch finished

You all started walking back into the room where you were set up when your phone started to ring "Hey Garcia."

"Hello my beautiful, I think I've found your guy. James Grant, he's 46, a carpenter and just lost his 23 year old son. His son, Tyler, had been battling lung cancer for 3 years. He died 2 weeks ago"

"Did you guys hear that?" You asked them

"Yes. Garcia send an address" Hotch spoke loud enough for her to hear

"Already sent boss man" you hung up the call and grabbed a vest.

15 minutes later you arrived at the house with Derek. "I'm going in" you told him. "No you're not, not until back up gets here."

"Yes I am, I have a vest on I'll be fine."

"Y/n don't."

Not listening to him, you unbuckled your seatbelt and opened the car door.

Derek was shouting something at you but you weren't listening, you walked up to the door and yelled "FBI WE'RE COMING IN".

Busting open the door, you pulled your gun out. You began searching to find James, starting in the kitchen.

You quickly made your way around the house when you found the basement door, you quietly opened it and began walking down the stairs.

You heard Derek and Hotch upstairs "No man I told her to stay in the car until back up got here but she didn't listen to me."

You turned around whispered shouted towards the door "I'm down here!"

Turning back around you stepped onto the basement floor and heard a the floor creek. "James Grant it's the FB-" you were cut off when something hit the back of your head. You dropped to the ground, your vision blurry, and attempted to shout for Hotch.

"Hotch!" You let out in a strangled cry

You heard James start running somewhere, you couldn't make out where he was going.

"Hotch hurry!" You shouted before getting hit again.

"Damn it!" You turned around and attempted to pull your gun but you couldn't see clearly. Getting weaker minute by minute you knew you needed to prop yourself up somewhere.

Before you could begin to crawl to the stairs you saw James raise the item again, getting ready to swing. You began to brace yourself and by surprise, his body dropped to the floor.

You laid down on the floor and saw Hotch walking over to you "Y/n, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm good" you said weakly, knowing your body was giving up on you

You closed your eyes and began to doze off

"Y/n?" "Y/n can you hear me?" Hotch's voice quickly fading.

____________________________________

You opened your eyes to see bright lights above you, you looked over and saw Garcia. "Am I in the hospital?" You asked her concernedly.

"Do you know remember anything?" She responded

"I remember being in the unsubs basement and getting hit in the head. Wait how long have I been asleep?"

"Asleep? Y/n you've been in a coma for a week and a half."

____________________________________
1,075 words
this chap is short but it's bc im ready to get into the good stuff😁
-
hi baes sorry if i disappointed with no angry seggs this chap but it will happen eventually don't give up on me🤞🏼

anyways i hope u enjoyed

and as always, i love u all - m <3