𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐳𝐞

in which blue meets a different shade of green

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫

IT HAS BEEN A WEEK SINCE DIANA AND HARRY agreed to be "friends" again.

Friends.

Harry detested the word, it left a bitter taste in his mouth.

Friends.

Diana loathed the word, despising the way it rolled off her tongue.

Harry hated being friends with Diana, and Diana hated being friends with Harry. For they both wanted to be more.

Harry had been relentlessly berating himself since the moment he friend zoned Diana. For how could he have been so stupid! He had been crushing on her for weeks, and when he kissed her she kissed him back! It was clear she felt the same way, or at least had before he decided to push her away. Harry had been driven by fear, convinced that despite returning the kiss, Diana didn't really fancy him. For she had countless of admirers, several of them older, smarter, more attractive, the list went on in on. So surely, there was no way Diana could possible fancy him when she had several others vying for her attention.
But Diana didn't want her other admirers, she wanted Harry, but he had pushed her away, and Ben just happened to be the one to catch her.

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫

The Yule ball was approaching, and the prospect of finding a date was all anyone was talking about. In another world where Harry wasn't a complete douche bag, maybe he and Diana would attend together. Unfortunately this wasn't the case, and despite agreeing to be 'friends' Harry and Diana barely talked, and it seemed as though their friendship was hanging by a thread that would completely snap at the slightest movement.

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫

"Why do they have to travel in packs, and how are you supposed to get one on their own to ask them?" Harry complained, as he walked though the courtyard with Ron.

"Harry you fought a dragon! If you can find a date then no one can! Besides you can just ask Diana! She clearly fancies you, it's not like she'll say no-." Ron trailed off, suddenly catching sight of a flustered Diana laughing with a smiling Ben.

Harry followed Ron's gaze, his face immediately falling when he caught sight of the pair, even more so when he realized he didn't recognize the sweater Diana was wearing, for nor he or Diana played quidditch at Durmstrang.

"Cmon mate let's just go." Ron muttered, trying to pull Harry away from Diana and Ben, sending a small smile towards the girl when he caught her glance their way.