Wont you leave me alone?

It was a rainy night, Stephen stood in front of what looked like a small New York bar. It looked pretty classic, the walls and pillars and beams were mostly made out of worn-out wood and the inside was lit by a few yellow lightbulbs hanging from each booth.

He flattened out his now wet map, and a small green dot indicated that this really was the place.
Stephen took a careful step inside, as he pushed the heavy door there was a light ding from a bell above. A few people glanced at him, nobody really seemed to care that he was there. Good thing he wasn't garnering too much attention, he had made sure to wear a causal t-shirt and jeans with a nice brown coat overtop to keep himself warm and mildly dry.
He stepped into the bar, the wood floor creaking under his feet. He looked around, the bar was filled with mostly men having small conversations and sipping on their drinks, a few of them at the bar were talking with the bartender. But as he looked around he didn't see the man he had come here for.

Until he spotted someone in the corner of the bar, sitting alone at a booth with a newspaper obscuring his face.
That's him.

Stephen stepped over to where the man was and slid into the seat across from him.
The man quickly flipped his paper down on the table, giving Stephen and annoyed look. He had what looked to be a pen lazily hanging from his mouth, he had a highlighter between his fingers and in front of him was a half-empty whisky glass.
The man was pale, with short but very old-fashioned looking black hair that was gelled back like he was some sort of baroque poet. He shot strange an annoyed glair before covering his face with his paper again.

"I need your help." Stephen said, leaning onto the table.

"Mhm. I don't do outside jobs, sorry." The man never took away his newspaper so his voice was slightly muffled.

Stephen paused to think for a moment. How was he going to approach this?

"I wouldn't call it an outside job. I know who you are."

"Oh really? I don't think I know you."

Strange hesitated.
"Guess I'm lucky, then. If you knew me you could play one of your tricks on me. God of...mischief, was it?"

The man flipped down his newspaper, a surprised but angry look on his face.
"How did you know that?" He whispered.

"I know a lot, Loki, including but not limited to how to contact your brother. He doesn't know that you're here, maybe you want me to change that?"

Loki's eyes were wide with anger. Strange swore he saw his left eye twitch.

"I'm glad we're both on the same page. See, there's something reading havoc in the city, and I need a master of manipulative magic to help me find it."

"How would you know about magic? You're a mortal. Please tell me you're not in a relationship with Thor."

Strange gave Loki an annoyed blink.
"No." He flicked his hands and there was a light orange glow. Loki winced wan looked at his hands.

There were two orange inscriptions laid on the palm of Loki's hands. Loki looked up to Stephen in confusion.

"It's a hex. It prevents you from hurting me or preforming magic on me. For safety reasons."

"You know magic!? How-" Loki shook his head and growled. "You take these things off me right now or I'll-"

"Do you want me to call Thor?"

Loki clenched his teeth and crossed his arms like an annoyed child.
"No."

"Then you'll cooperate."