Another World

'Are you sure that you have everything?' My mum gave my luggage a little kick and then zipped it open, my brand new shorts flying everywhere.

'Mum!' I bent down my zip it up. As expected, it was as difficult as the first time I zipped it closed. 'It took ages to zip this thing up!'

'I'm sorry! It's just. You're my baby girl and you're going on a cruise all by yourself. I'm going to be so worried and lost without you.'

'Calm down, Mum. It's only for two weeks. It's not like I'm moving out. Besides, what could happen on a boat?'

Bad move.

'Oh don't get me started! You could fall out with someone, then they could kidnap you in your sleep and then throw you overboard. Nobody would stand even an inch of a chance if they got thrown or even fell overboard. Those propellers would pull you in faster than you could even realise what the hell was going on!'

'What if I promise to be a good girl and not fall out with anybody?' I gave a little smile as I stood up. My mum smiled back and ruffled my frizzy purple dyed hair. It was only a subtle dark colour. From a distance it just looked black, but in the sun it was a bright plum colour. And I loved it.

'Well your taxi's here. I hope you have an amazing time! I love you loads!'

I picked up my luggage and threw it down the stairs before wrapping my arms round my mum.

'I love you too, Mum!'

'You haven't done that since you were nine!'

'and now I'm a big moody fifteen year old.' I gave a laugh then pulled away from my mother. I ran down the stairs after my suitcase and pulled open the apartment door. I ran down various amounts of stairs before reaching the front door.

Once my luggage was in the boot and we were on our way to London port, I sat back and relaxed, my whole body buzzing with excitement.