I

It had started with the café,  though it seems like a fairy tale or rather even a story waiting to end happily with a cheesy ending, it is not. This same outtake is seen on the gourmet a cheesy and seemingly cultured individual with a interesting fashion sense. 

The day they had met was crisp, the air was nestled with the scent of humans, their food, and the aroma of passing cars. It wasn’t an extremely pleasant scent for shuu, besides the scent of prey. Ward 20 had calmed right down in the past few days, going from ghouls unable to leave their own homes to feed to now almost no investigators on the street, it was a relief to most including shuu himself.

He had much business to attend to in the twentieth ward, which included heading to that café, the one that housed kirshima-san, he found the girl slightly amusing, the glint in her eyes that burned with the intensity that could not be matched, the only possible match to her intense gaze would be her younger brother. The vigour the two held in the past years was admirable to him, petty emotions aside however he felt nothing.

Making the reason he was heading to see her at the café that much more suspicious, he wasn’t there for petty talk, no no no, he was planning his next meal for his restaurant; which coincidentally had brought him in this direction.

Maybe the nagging at the back of his head was slowly pushing him to the café to check out that eye patched man he had barely heard about on the streets, the one that had taken on a ccg investigator.

The door came open easily, the sounds of chimes echoing lightly through the building, as shuu stepped into the building. “hm, such a pleasant smell,” the strong smell of coffee was appealing to the ghoul, quite appealing indeed there was also light traces of something else sweet in the air, something like human but yet not.

“as I thought this place has really calmed down…”he finished the sentence calmly lingering on the pleasant scent. A voice different from what he expected greeted him warmly.

“Welcome to the shop,”the voice was a young males, which tsukiyama ignored at first to greet kirishima-san and irimi.

“long time no see kirishima-san, irimi-san,”he greeted his tone held traces of pleasantries in it.

Kirishima wasted no time with any type of greeting, though her gaze darted away from him, as though she wanted nothing at all to do with him at all.

“why are you here?”it was a fairly snaky remark to him.

“oh no…can I not just come here to see your faces for a little while? Kirishima-san you’re as cold as ever…well that’s what appealing about you though.”

“you’re so creepy, you smug bastard.”she remarked staring uncomfortably.

Tsukiyama finally caught eye that the boy who had originally greeted him, he was the one with the eye patch, he was rather frail from being a young man in college.

“A guy with an eye patch…it’s you? You’re the tough boy who could repel the investigator…”shuu’s words were in a surprised tone, there was no possible way this frail small boy could manage that feat.

“ah hello, I’m kaneki,”the boy was nervous as he spoke, shuu ignored koneke’s nervousness and continued speaking, gawking around him. This was the source of the sweet smell, the tasty smell.

“kaneki-kun huh? You’re much more delicate looking than I expected,”

The boy was confused and yet didn’t move out of fear, allowing shuu to swoop in and take a whiff of the boys scent to make sure it was him.