1

hongjoong and seonghwa were your typical best friends. grew up together, went through crises together, forming an unbreakable bond; as if someone enchanted their friendship with the minecraft book 'unbreakable III'. no matter what emotional rollercoasters their friendship went through, they still stayed strong and apologised to each other when they had to; confessed their wrongs to each other when they had to and generally threw their pride behind to maintain the friendship. almost all their friends and acquaintances envied their friendship.

"seonghwa hyung, can you tell me how you have such a good friendship with hongjoong hyung? i really need advice on me and yunho's friendship. it's like we break apart so many times but get back together. i don't get it. we can't maintain a stable friendship for fuck's sake." mingi asked for help as he desperately shook seonghwa's arms.

"you just have to throw your pride away. apologise when you did something wrong. be consistent with the affection and control your boundaries. if you went too far, apologise immediately and perhaps give the other some time to accept your apology. talk and listen to each other consistently too. it's as simple as that." seonghwa calmly stated as he watched dance covers on youtube.

"i don't think it's as simple as it sounds...both me and yunho have such huge prides it's honestly disturbing."

"talk it out. tell him what i said. it'll be a lot better, i promise. communication is key." seonghwa advised.

"thanks, hwa!" mingi thanked as he dropped the formalities, outraging seonghwa.

"you forgot the hyung you fucktard!" seonghwa yelled as mingi slammed seonghwa's door shut, showing no signs of regret or shame.

"that kid..." seonghwa sighed as he looked back down, focusing on the dance cover he was observing.

seonghwa and hongjoong not only helped mingi build a stable friendship with yunho, he also helped a lot of other friends who were having a friendship crisis. that was how powerful their friendship was.

————

"hey joong," seonghwa called out as hongjoong immediately turned his head, shifting his attention to seonghwa, "i was wondering if we could go have dinner outside later? i don't want to cook."

"sure! whatever you want." hongjoong smiled as he turned his attention back to his laptop, where he was mindlessly creating random beats, trying to come up with a new song.

"let's go at 7, okay? dress up, jjoong." seonghwa said softly before he got up from the couch, walking to his room.

"okay!" hongjoong yelled as a response.

seonghwa was in his room, shuffling through his millions of choices of clothings. he was either going to wear something really hot or really cute. like a full black outfit or a pastel outfit. he decided to go with the full black, as he was feeling sexy that day.

he took his favourite leather jacket, one of his black tank tops and some black skinny jeans. he took a gucci belt to make the look seem richer.

the tank top captured his abs clearly, and the skinny jeans traced his leg muscles ethereally. he then took a pair of black socks, took a pair of dr. martens boots and walked out of his room.

"wow, hwa..you look so hot?" hongjoong tried to compliment, but it came out as a question instead.

"did you mean that?"

"yeah, i was just kinda shocked by your attire." hongjoong explained.

"it's alright, i get that i'm hot." seonghwa said as he cocked an eyebrow, smirking. deep inside, he was screaming. he didn't know why he got so excited from a compliment.