1 - An hour after Fintan's healing

AS MENTIONED IN THE STORY DESCRIPTION, THE CREDIT FOR ALL THE CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY (SUCH AS FINTAN, KENRIC, ORALIE, ETC.) GO TO SHANNON MESSENGER

It was dark. So dark. Councillor Kenric's eyes were watering due to the ash in the air. What happened? He then noticed foot sized burns on his body. Several of them. So that explained the torturing pain.

Suddenly, he heard a raspy cough. Fintan. He was alive. Kenric held his breath in anticipation. Then he heard footsteps coming towards him and Fintan whispering "I have to see if the royal scumbag is alive.. Ugh. " Excuse me, royal scumbag? Really? Kenric thought. But that wasn't important right now. Fintan was coming closer so Kenric did the only thing he could. He lay down on his stomach and held his breath with his eyes closed. Fintan reached him and put his smoky fingers under Kenric's nose. It took everything in Kenric not to cough. Fintan removed his fingers from under Kenric's nose and walked away, whispering, "Good.". Kenric sighed with relief and was about to stand up again when something pinned him down.

"You should go for acting classes," Fintan said. "That impression of being dead was absolutely terrible. Did you really think you could fool me, you royal scumbag?" Kenric's heart nearly stopped beating. He had been caught.