III

"Asleep? Y/n you've been in a coma for a week and a half"

Your face dropped, "A coma?"

"Yes. A coma, from the head injury the unsub caused you."

"Well. Okay then" you said, not knowing how to respond. "What did I miss?"

Penelope laughed, "You just found out you've been in a coma and you already wanna know what happened while you were out."

"Well of course, so anything important?"

"Not much, Hotch has just been acting really suspicious lately"

"As per usual"

"No like really suspicious, more than usual"

"Great. Can't wait."

__________________________________

3 days of the team coming to visit you, you were finally able to be discharged.

You were supposed to take a mandatory leave for at least 2 weeks but you weren't going to listen.

The morning after you were discharged you were back at the BAU. You walked through the doors and were automatically questions by the members standing in front of you.

"Hotch isn't gonna be happy with you" Derek spoke

"I don't care what Hotch has to say"

"Is that right?" Hotch questioned from behind you

"Yes." You responded unfazed

Making your way to the round table room, you were stopped in your tracks by a hand grabbing your arm.

"Listen, I don't know what's going on with you and this bratty attitude of yours, but I suggest you straighten up."

"Bratty?" You asked him

"You heard me."

"So intimidating." You responded mockingly

You continued your way into the round table room and sat down beside JJ.

"I thought you were supposed to be out for 2 weeks?"  She asked

"I am but I got bored. So I'm back" you told her with a smile on your face

"Hotch is going to kiiilll you y/n"

"Didn't he come in when Strauss suspended him? Okay then"

The rest of the team made their way in and Garcia began speaking

"Usually I would start this with something witty, but this is just disturbing. In Albuquerque, New Mexico, 2 bodies have been found hung up like a crucifix."

Our faces dropped "a crucifix?" Emily asked

"A crucifix."

"No suspects, no leads, no identification of either body. They have nothing" Rossi said closing the case file

"Correct" Garcia responded

"We need to get there soon, before another body is found. Garcia, you'll be joining us. Wheels up in 10"

5 minutes later you were walking up the stairs to the jet to claim your seat before anyone else got there, to your surprise, Hotch was already there.

"Agent." He said not looking up

"Aaron."

He glanced up at you, like he was waiting for you to look at him.

You made eye contact with him yet he didn't look away.