Snowfall

I didn't mean to kill her.
There are three things to know before you read this. I am not a killer nor am I a monster, the kind you hear about these days. Lastly I loved her whole heartedly even if I only knew her for a fleeting moment. I think that was my greatest downfall.
It was January 19th and the snow was descending from the sky so gracefully as we locked eyes. She was the most beautiful woman that I had ever had the honour to lay my eyes upon, her almost ocean like eyes glimmering in the moonlight and skin as soft as the snow falling upon it. She was wearing a dress that fell just below her knees. She declared that her name was Roslyn coincidentally the title of my favourite song which only drew me towards her more and more.
Her words falling off of her lips like silk, she agreed to a short stroll under the oak tress in the nearby park. Now you must understand my intent was to never bring her harm but peace and comfort. We sat and talked for hours her explaining the troubles she had faced in the past, her fears and deepest regrets all beautiful in one way or another. As she fell in my arms, tears falling onto my chest like raindrops I consoled her to the best of my abilities. I continued to ask about her dress, I don't know why I asked such a meaningless question but I had to ask seeing as it was a cold winters night and she was wearing such a thin piece of material, I was just so drawn to the question.
She explained that her favourite colour is crimson red, the colour of the berries hanging from vines and the brightest orchid. The next part is a blur to me.
She handed me a knife as tears rolled down her face I dug into her heart, blood staining her beautiful porcelain skin. But for a moment I was happy because after all red was her favourite colour right?
- meadow