Chapter One

Lana Wasco was probably the most beautiful girl I had ever seen in real/my life. I don't really know why I only took notice of her during sophomore year. According to Tuesday and Manny, she's been going to school with us since the seventh grade. Tuesday said it was probably because she used to wear braces and glasses during middle school and that's why I never took notice of her; Manny said it was probably because she was flat chested and was now sporting a B cup and that's why I only noticed her during sophomore year. Tuesday hit him upside the head for that.

Maybe Tuesday and Manny's reasons are right and that's why I never noticed her before. Maybe Lana just wanted to be invisible.

But the reason why I finally took notice of her during sophomore year was during lunch. I had P.E. after and Tuesday and Manny were behind me, we were standing in line for lunch; it was taco day. So anyway, Tuesday and Manny were behind me, talking and shoving each other until Manny shoved Tuesday a little too hard making her lose her balance and bumped into me and me bumping into the girl in front of me.

She turned around, her smooth pale blond hair swishing in motion, her big gray eyes open wide to look at me in shock. It wasn't the aggressive kind of shock that says, she's pissed off; it was the kind of shock that registered to me as something like she just did something wrong.

"I'm sorry," she said to me, and by the tone of her voice it seemed to me that she really thought that it was her fault why I bumped into her and not my two friends'. I didn't get to say that it wasn't her fault because she quickly turned back around, her Suave strawberry scented pale blond hair swinging again. And I left it at that.

Later I found out from Manny that she was Lana Wasco, that they were both members of the school band and that she played the flute. I sent her a friend request the same night and the next day she accepted it and it made my whole week.