That Was Years Ago

Iris' POV

"Why should I care?" I asked. Just because I slack off sometimes in class doesn't mean I have to receive a lecture from my parents.

"You need a good education for yourself." My mom sighed.

"Yeah okay, I'm gonna go take a walk." I said.

"Put on a jacket." My dad said.

"No, I'm not cold." I sighed.

"It's in the negatives." Mom said. I shook my head and left. Stupid grades. If my parents hadn't realized that I don't care and that I'm a rebellious girl they would've known better then to try and reason with me. It was snowing on a beautiful November day. I had to admit, I was jealous of the tiny little kids. Always playing around in the snow without a care in the world. They had huge imagination.

"Hey Iris! Will you come play with us?" Tina ran over.

"I'm sorry Tina but I have to run errands right now, maybe tomorrow." I smiled. She nodded and went to play with her friends. I sighed and headed to my favorite coffee shop.

"The regular please." I said. She handed me my coffee and I headed out. I started to walk back. I saw a boy standing on a tree.

"Hi." I said quietly.

"Hey, aren't you cold?" The boy asked. He looked confused for a minute but shook it off.

"Oh... No I'm not cold." I smiled. He had pure white hair.

"That's pretty awesome." The boy said.

"Thanks, what's your name?" I asked.

"I'm Jack." He answered. He hopped off the tree he was standing on. "And you are?" He asked.

"I'm Iris." I smiled. He looked at the snow.

"If I may, are you cold?" I asked.

"No, not at all." He sneered at me a little.

"What?" I asked. He sighed.

"You can see me." Jack said. He just now realized that.

"Yeah is that bad?" I asked.

"He must've chose you. Not a lot of people can see the guardians." He said.

"Guardians?" I asked.

"Yeah like what little kids believe in. Santa, the Tooth Fairy. Don't be idiotic." He grumbled.

"Aren't you nice?" I grit. He sighed and walked alone with me. I took a sip out of my coffee and looked at the little kids playing in the snow. I turned around and found that Jack was gone. I turned back around and saw that Jack was playing with the little kids. I sighed. He was so cold hearted to me, why? Why was he so rude?He looked so gentle when he was with those children. I turned around and started to walk away.

"Hey!! Wait!" Jack yelled.

"Why!? You're so cold hearted toward me but you seem pretty happy with the children! Just leave me alone!" I yelled. I sucked in a breath and let it out. A puff of white came out due to the coldness. I sighed. I turned around and continued walking away. I went back home and slammed my bed room door.