[❥] 𝗠𝗮𝗳𝗶𝗮 - Lipsoul

It was one of the most powerful heists she had ever had in her career.

She was prepared with all her weaponry, but despite that, she felt very nervous. Being a cop was a dangerous job, but as risky as it was, it was her passion to help people. She was nervous for what might happen when she approached the bridge in downtown Seoul, the core of the terrorists.

- Come on, Kim Lip. Hurry up, we have to go.

With a sigh, she finished tying her tie and turned to the window.

She was nervous because she didn't want to run into her. It had been a few years since she had seen her. The last time she had looked into her eyes was when she told him her dark secret, so, by the grace of the law, it had to end.

She was afraid she was in on the heist because she was afraid she would end up damaged.

Heejin passed down the hallway and then stepped back and addressed his companion.

- Come on!

- Yes, yes... I'm coming.

She picked up his weapons, put them on and headed off with the rest.

*****

- Team A to the front! Team B to the rear and Team C clear the cars! Nobody left in there, is that clear?!

- Yes, ma'am!

All teams spread out and separated. Everyone was well aware of their role, so they began the mission without complaint.

Kim Lip grabbed her gun and looked down at it in sorrow. She was nervous, but she could not fail to save and protect the surrounding people. She had to act fast; leave the memories for later 

and focus on what was important.

She started running with B-Squad and readied her gun.

His team had caught the criminals off guard, so it was easy enough to take them down. Happy that no one was hurt, they reported to Heejin, the police in charge.

- We have apprehended them, ma'am. All the criminals have been recognized, over.

- We were able to apprehend them easily as well. Strange. If they really are the most wanted criminals, why was it so easy to take them down?

- W-wait..." Kim Lip said as she approached a prisoner.

- What are you doing? - The girl next to him, who was the one talking to the head of the police center, shrieked.

Jeungeun pulled off the criminal's mask to reveal a frightened face, covered by a worn bandage that hid his mouth.

They are not criminals. - She said. - They are slaves!

*****

After so much running around the edges of the bridge, Jeungeun decided on a particular route. 

She had been thinking all along the way about who could be behind all this. But whoever that person was, she knew Kim Lip's weak points like the back of his hand. She understood every move she was going to make and didn't understand why. Maybe they had been watching her, studying her.

She started to run and began to let his thoughts fly away, leaving only the adrenaline of the moment. She had to find out what was going on, but she didn't think she could. Likewise, she tried to forget everything, to really focus on what she needed; the crime.

But it was impossible. The head of the girl of his dreams kept spinning in his head. She couldn't help but think that she was the one behind everything, even if she denied it to himself.

Then, when she realized his mistake, she stopped in his tracks and looked around. She understood perfectly well; she didn't have to look in great detail at the clues, but had to be guided by the most general. That's the hardest way to uncover a mystery, to make it so easy that 

you just ignore that option.

She went to the first place that came to mind and got it right the first time.

*****

- Did you miss me Lippie?

- No more than you, I'm sure.

An imposing girl with black hair and a violent suit appeared in front of her, after five years.

- Look how lazy you are, always coming to see me. I won't come back to you, you know that.

- That's not why I'm here, and you know it.

Then Jinsoul approached Kim Lip and could only feel her breath on her lips.

- Well, you've done well to follow the clues, Blondie. I'm really impressed.

Jeungeun froze and couldn't speak. She was so nervous she couldn't even remember why she had come.

- W-why are you doing a-doing all this?

- Why did you come here?

- Because my boss told me that....

- That's right. Look, Lip. In the end, we're all henchmen. You never know where the chain starts and ends, do you?

- Well, if you're a henchman like anyone else, come back to me. I'm sure she won't miss you as much as I do.

- You can't do this. - Jinsoul told him.

- What can't you do?

- You can't make me betray my boss. You know it would kill me.

- Don't you want to be with her?

- No! I do it all out of fear.

- F-fear of what?

Jinsoul stopped dead in his tracks and sat down on the floor.

- She threatened me, okay? She threatened me that she would kill you and I couldn't let that happen.

Kim Lip came up to her and kissed her.

- Look, come back before I mess this up anymore. I'll say you weren't here, or that you ran away.

- Going soft on me, Lippie?

- Shut up.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Thank you so much for reading this mini one-shot! I hope you liked it and don't be shy to ask for any suggestions!

-Ripley