Chapter 1 The Reapings

Disclaimer- I don't own The Hunger Games or Harry Potter. Suzanne Collins and J.K. Rowling do. I don't even own the full plot. My friend, who will hopefully join Wattpad soon, wrote this with me so partial credit goes to her.

District One
Glimmer POV
I'm nervous. Actually I'm terrified but I can't show it. I'm from district 1 which means if I'm chosen then I have to be a career. It's not like I have a choice. If I don't, my parents will completely disown me and we can't have that. I walk down to the town square and squeeze in between my friends. The person conducting the ceremony walks onto the stage and plays the capitol anthem. When it's done he walks over to the glass ball with girls names in it. I try to convince myself it can't be me. Besides I only have my name in a few times because I haven't gotten a tesserae. Why would I? I'm rich. He reaches into the bowl and pulls out a slip of paper.

"Glimmer Belcourt!" He shouts.

Of course it's me, I always have the worse luck. As I walk onto the stage he calls a boy named Marvel. I barely know him but I can work with it. Now for my parents to give me the "don't disappoint me!" speech.

District Two

Cato POV

I'm 18. It's my last year to be a tribute. If they don't call me I will have to volunteer. I sprint to the reaping and see my girlfriend, Clove. She gives me an encouraging nod and I smile. We decided we would volunteer together this year. I stand in the front ready to race towards the stage. The capitol person plays the anthem then grabs a girls name from the bowl. I feel excitement knowing that soon my girlfriend and I will soon be enjoying the luxuries of the capitol. She calls a girls name that I've never heard before. I watch as Clove races towards the stage while yelling "I volunteer as tribute!"

"Congratulations to our volunteer tribute tribute, what's your name?"

"Clove Kentwell"

As Clove takes her place proudly on the stage, the capitol lady chooses a boys name. She calls a name that is not mine and I lunge towards the stage. "I volunteer!" 

"Wonderful, and your name?"

"Cato Hadley."

Time to kill some district scum.

District Four

Malfoy POV

Today is my first year in the reaping. My fathers the mayor so the odds are definitely in my favor. I strut towards and open spot and wait. I notice a girl looking at me from her area. She keeps staring, smiling, and winking at me. IT'S FREAKING ME OUT!!! But I can't show it so I just smirk. The anthem plays and I girl Pansy is called. Oh, great. It's that girl who was staring earlier. Then my name is called. WHAT?!? My name was only in once! I feel my face pale more than it already is. I snap out of it an walk towards the stage.

"There must be a mistake," I splutter. "My fathers the mayor," I add. They'll definitely tell me it was some prank.

"I'm sorry Mr. Malfoy but there is no mistake, please calm down and come this way."

I follow the peacekeepers but before they close the door I shout "MY FATHER WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS!!"

District Six

Jason POV (Sorry this is an inside joke between my friend and I.)

So not many people know me. I can't understand why. I mean, I' the most important character in the series. Well, I'm technically never mentioned in the books but I play a huge role int the movies. Actually, I'm only seen once when I am accused of stealing Cato's knife. In reality it was Rue but, oh just look it up! The anthem plays, some girl, Angelina, is called, and then it's time for the boys. They call my name, of course. DAM YOU, AUTHORS!!

District Seven

Harry Potter POV

I got to the reaping, very nervous. I zone out until the boys are called. Unfortunatly, my name is called. Numbly, I walk into the building. They tell me to wait for a parent, sibling, friend, or anyone who would want to see me. I have no friends, Dudley would never visit me, and neither would the Dursleys. Honestly, they will probably rejoice if I don't return home. Eh, I don't mind them not saying bye. It would be awkward, anyway.

District 11

Rue POV

I walk to the reaping with my siblings. I am sweating like crazy and inwardly freaking out. I stand with my sisters, gripping their hands tightly. I stand stiffly as the anthem plays and a name piece of paper is drawn from the girls bowl.

"Rue Bernett!"

My breath catches but I put on a brave face for my siblings. I walk towards the stage praying for someone to volunteer. Instead, all I hear is silence and the wind whistling in the trees out in the orchards. Next is the boys. A boy named Thresh is called next. The only thing I know is he is quiet and very strong. Maybe he could be an ally?

District 12

The same things happen, that happen in the books.

Authors Note

Hope you liked it! Please feel free to point out any errors or grammatical issues. It's been a little while since I have read The Hunger Games so I am sorry if I mess something up. All of the last names are just something I found on the Hunger Games fandom website. Also, sorry if someone is OOC. Since I did not include all districts I will list all the tributes at the beginning of the next chapter.