03. -THE HYBRID

━━━━The Hybrid━━━━

━━━━The Hybrid━━━━

Heavy pants followed behind Stefan and Klaus as Salem tried to catch her breath. Physical fitness had never been an interest of hers, however, she had wished it was as she found herself hiking up the smoky mountains of Tennessee. Her hands fumbled to unscrew her water bottle before she started guzzling it down, feeling relieved as the cool water made its way down her throat. Klaus turned watching her pour the water into her hands before patting her red-tinted cheeks with it to cool down.

She was tired, tired of hiking, tired of being treated like a child, and tired of being stuck with two very unhinged serial killers. Klaus had done nothing but treat her like a dog on a leash and she was tired of it, he didn't seem to care about her or whatever supernatural bond they had. He only cared about making hybrids and she simply wanted to go home, she missed her home and her mother more than anything.

"This feels like hell," she cried out feeling her legs aching from how long they had been walking, only earning a laugh from the hybrid.

"I would've pegged you for somebody with much better stamina," he retorted making her scoff as he did a sweep of her body with his eyes.

"You're an animal,".

"And don't you forget it, love," he said as she gripped her water bottle before throwing it at the back of his head which he, unfortunately, caught before it could hit him.

"Shall we see how fast your reflexes are?"He questioned throwing it back with such force, she quickly ducked her head before the bottle hit the tree behind her, taking a chunk of wood with it. Her eyes went wide as she came back up to see him and Stefan walking off. She quickly grabbed the bottle with a huff before running up to them.

"You could've killed me," She seethed making the hybrid shrug as her anger grew, fist-clenching at her side. Anybody that knew the girl knew she didn't have a violent bone in her body but for some reason, he brought out the worst in her.

"Then we wouldn't have to listen to your incessant whining, sounds like a win to me," she was told as they continued their journey and she bit her tongue to stop from attempting to make a grown man cry.

"You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus asked Stefan from beside him as he carried Ray over his shoulders. Salem felt bad for the man as she looked at the blood that caked his face, she couldn't tell if he was even remotely conscious.

"I'm fine," Stefan said sounding annoyed. She was happy to know that even Stefan found Klaus to be quite vexing though he often remained quiet, leaving her to do the talking. Stefan found it amusing the way she talked to Klaus, considering if it were anybody else there head would be removed from their spine before they could finish their sentence.

"You sure about that? You know we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..."Klaus said sounding oddly kind.