Chapter one: burnt brownies ?

Oh no I thought as I jumped off the couch and ran to the kitchen.
The kitchen is small with white floor tiles, white walls (a lot of white), a wooden bench that reaches around the whole room and above are some cabinets.
There's a big window with sun coming through at all times of the day, I love cooking in the kitchen though I wouldn't say I'm good at it.

I walked over to the smoking oven and opened it.
Yup, they're burnt. Again.
This was my second attempt of the day to cook some chocolate brownies to eat for dessert after dinner, the first attempt was also a failure.
I got my mittens and took the brownies out of the oven.
Smoke started pouring into the room as I coughed, using one hand to try and wave the smoke away from my face and the other to place the tray of extremely overcooked chocolate brownies on the bench.
I opened the window to let the smoke out, I remember last time something like this happened, well, other than the previous attempt to make chocolate brownies only an hour or two ago, the last time something like this happened was last year when Dad left...

I was cooking with my dad for my 14th birthday party that we were going to have the next day, coincidentally we were cooking chocolate brownies.

We put the brownies in the oven and went outside for a while to pass time when my dad got a call and told me he had to go somewhere, I didn't think much of it at the time and when I went back inside the brownies were completely burnt just like now, dad never came back though...

I was so sad I cancelled my party and stopped talking to any of my friends, so now they completely avoid me and won't talk to me.

I shook my head and forced a smile to try and cheer myself up. I don't want to go back to how I was last year when dad left. I was very close with my dad so I took it even worse when he just randomly disappeared.

But I'm fine now, dad left, so he obviously wasn't THAT good of a dad... and I don't need friends anyway! I told myself In my head, though it would be nice to have SOME friends.

I looked out the window, it was sunset. Suddenly the door opened. "Oh, hi mum!" I walked over to the door where my mum was carrying a bunch of full grocery bags that looked rather heavy.
"Can I help you with those bags?"
"Sure."
"Why'd you get so much stuff though?"
"Jerry gave me a discount on the groceries since he was friends with me and your dad..." mum's smile faded a little before returning. "He's a nice old man, just a little strange."

I took some bags off of mum and carried them to the kitchen where I dumped them on the floor, then I put away some of the contents in the bags, just the ones I knew where they went. Then, I noticed the clock on the microwave, 9:32pm.

"Mum, I'm probably gonna go to bed now, ok?"
"Ok, goodnight darling."
"'Night mum."

I walked out of the kitchen and through the living room.
My room has a wooden floor with a grey fluffy mat and white-ish lavender coloured walls. My room was pretty clean, unlike a lot of people I actually enjoyed cleaning my room, or at least I enjoyed having a clean room.
My bed was neat, it had a purple blanket with patterns.
My pet parrot; Kacie, was out of her cage and started flying around the room when I entered, knocking things from the shelves.

I sighed, I'll clean it up later.
I looked at myself in the mirror, I'm a tall girl for my age at 5'7 feet tall (170 cm)
I have yellow/golden hair that reaches my waist and bright orange eyes.
Everyone I know says I'm pretty but I'm not so sure. My name is Sophina Wren

I put Kacie in her cage, turned the light of and climbed into my bed.
After about 2 hours of tossing and turning, I thought of using my phone for something to do, but I soon realised it was out of battery, so I got out of bed.
I opened the window and stuck my head out, it was a nice temperature, usually it was hot and sunny outdoors but since it was night, it was a nice warm temperature outside.
There wasn't any clouds so I could see the stars.
I opened the window wider and climbed out, dropping onto the grass which was easy 'cause it's a one story house.
I really shouldn't be out all alone at night, but I just need to get out.

Hey, I hope you enjoyed this chapter (or at least didn't fall asleep while reading it) anyways, next chapter 👇