For Her Sake | ONE-SHOT

TW: abandonment (reader is abandoned by her parents)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is y/n, she has been here since eleven."

You hear the voice of a nurse introducing yourself to someone outside the door when you woke up. The sound of footsteps got closer as the curtains opened, revealing the nurse who has always nursed you. Beside her was a young man you've never met before, yet he was in a white coat like a doctor.

Is he the intern they were talking about last week?

It was about time for your next check-up, so the nurse guided the young man beside your bed. Without further ado, he picked up the necessary tools and did as instructed. You were so used to this process until you didn't feel anything anymore when he poked the needle into your skin.

"Do you feel any discomfort, Miss y/n?" The young man queried as he placed the tools onto a tray, ready to discard it later.

"No," your answer remained the same as any other days.

The nurse gave a pat on his back and complimented him, "You did a great job for your first time."

They left you in your room soon after, a sigh leaving your lips.

When will you be released from this, you thought to yourself. Hospitalized since the age of eleven isn't something to boast about. Your parents left you because they think you were too troublesome to take care of. You didn't understand that time, but now you know the reason.

The hospital fees are indeed pricey, it's no doubt they would abandon you--

However, your thoughts were interrupted by the voice of your neighbour.

"Say, girl, do you miss your parents?"

He was an old man has been here long before you came; someone who witnessed your abandonment.

"Grandpa, it's no use missing someone who doesn't care."

You waited for his response but was greeted by silence. Assuming he had fallen asleep, you laid your head on your pillow, preparing to take a nap too. Just when you were about to shut your eyelids close, the young man from before entered the room.

"Greetings, doctor," your gaze met his as he approached you. "I believe there's nothing scheduled at this time?"

He grabbed a chair nearby and sat by your bed, placing a notepad and a pen on the small table nearby.

"Allow me to properly introduce myself," the young man sat up straight and cleared his throat before speaking again. "I am Albedo, an intern hired in this hospital. Though, I was tasked for a job other than what most interns do the moment the head doctor acknowledged me."

Your eyelids were getting heavier as he went on.

"I was told about your incurable illness, so here I am, figuring out a medicine that could cure that illness of yours."

You were tired. Tired of spending your life in this hospital. You thought you will be released from this after a year or two, yet they hired someone to cure your illness that not even the head doctor could?

You couldn't help but chuckle.

"It's stated as an 'incurable illness' for a reason, what are you gonna do about that?"

A faint voice answered your question before Albedo opened his mouth, "Girl, that boy may be young, but do not underestimate his talent when you have yet to witness it yourself."