It Started with a Bang

You woke up in a cold sweat. There you lay, in the middle of the crowded New York City streets. For once the cars seemed to have stayed still. You wouldn't expect that from NYC can drivers, but here they were, still just like the rest of the cars.

People were shocked at the sight they had just seen, a rainbow cutting the sky in two. Much brighter than the lights of time square. You seemed to have fallen from another world.

The mark of the bifrost was imprinted on the pitch black pavement, creating a pattern one would only see in puzzles. It looked almost as if it were a maze. A maze you were trapped in.

You were laying flat in the middle of the street, stopping traffic for miles.

Red and blue lights flashed and sirens rang. People stepped out of their cars, not to help you, but out of curiosity that not even their own eyes could satisfy.

Your head was pounding. Your mind was filled with memories that you didn't recognize as your own. You were confused. Your brain consumed all of this knowledge seemingly at once, but you couldn't seem to remember ... your own name.

You looked around at people pointing cameras at you as flashes bore into your eyesight.  You finally grew the nerve to sit straight up. You saw glowing signs and tall buildings that reached the puffy clouds. Everything felt new. From somewhere in the depths of your mind remembered that New York is your "home", but here there was no sense of familiarity.

You stood up and everyone was silent. People watched you in awe. Where did you come from?

You wanted to be gone. You didn't want to be here. You didn't like this attention, you didn't like the pity that was radiating around you. The police were walking up to you and you didn't want anything to do with it. You wished you weren't there right then, you wished you were somewhere safe. And suddenly, you were.

Your surroundings had changed spontaneously and you took a step back in contemplation. You were in an empty alleyway when you saw a backpack stuck to the red brick with some sticky white stuff clinging it on to the wall.

You turned your head once more to see someone changing into weird red and blue tights. You quickly covered your eyes and turned around. This was an invasion of privacy.

"Shit" you heard an aggressive whisper.

You turned back around with your hands no longer covering your eyes, and you saw a boy standing there with some oversized spandex, speechless.

Peter Parker

I couldn't move. It's my first day on the job and I've already compromised my identity. I held my mask in my hand as I reluctantly pressed my chest and the fabric of my suit tightened around my body.

I gulped, contemplating my next move. I put the mask on in a swift movement and decided to rush over to her.

She stood there with wide eyes. I grabbed her shoulders.

"Listen, you can't tell anyone who I am. Tony Stark would be so mad at me. Please. Keep this a secret." I basically begged, my eyebrows knitted and my lips pressed together.

"Who are you? And uh- who's Tony Stark? And why are you wearing colorful yoga clothes?"

My expression grew confused.

What kind of teen girl doesn't know who Tony Stark is? And I'm sure she watches YouTube, how come she doesn't know about Spider-Man?

"What's your name?" I inquired.

She looked around for a moment before saying, "Sony. My name is Sony Hamilton."

Huh.

Your POV

I looked outside the alleyway at signs. My eyes landed on "Sony Pictures" plastered onto a screen. My eyes drifted down and on a pair of doors I saw a silhouette of a man standing on a star that read Hamilton.

"Sony. My name is Sony Hamilton" I answered

"Oh, well, I'm Peter. I'm from Queens."

"What are you doing in Manhattan then?" Huh, I guess this place is called Manhattan, I recalled that from my memory somewhere... but I don't remember ever being in Manhattan.
...

I don't remember ever being anywhere.